We need a head turning blowout!

You guys do remember Gary Anderson right? He had our number each year at Wisconsin. Who knows what's going to happen in this game with either team. They have new coaches/coordinators/QB and we have new coach/coordinators. As much as I'd like to see a blow out so some young guys can get some experience. I'll take whatever win we can get and keep our players (especially ourQB) healthy.
Gary Anderson doesn't have Melvon Gordon or James White to inherit anymore

In order to capture additional fan base. Even more than ever, this State is wallowing in the " Little Darlings' of the North, especially with the new " glass erector set " stadium.

You must be thrilled with the Bridgewater injury news then.

Will his injury be enough for the Gophers to get over the hump and make it to Indy?

Perhaps Ruppert will get his wish. In classic Minnesota sports form Touchdown Teddy is probably out for the season

I'm more concerned with a mind blowing turnout than a head turning blowout.

What was the score in the B1G Championship game with becky against Ohio State?
Anderson looked confused.
He seems like a nice guy, and a decent coach...
He ain't big time tho.

You must be thrilled with the Bridgewater injury news then.

Will his injury be enough for the Gophers to get over the hump and make it to Indy?

Nope, never want to see a player injured no matter what the sport is. My gripe is against NFL football and the greedy owners.

Blowing them out can't hurt. Not struggling against them would go a long way toward alleviating the fan bases angst about the team.

Agree. I've said it before, Gophs have a real chance at 10 wins...would make the Sconny win (either win# 9 or 10) so, so much sweeter.

I don't usually care how we win, but for some reason we seem to have struggled a lot, even in our better years, at putting away the bad teams we play. I'd love a no headache game that I feel confident we will win by the end of the first quarter.

Yeah were not blowing out anyone.....we say this every year
"we need to blow out Colorado State!" but barely beat them.
A win is a win, but throttling people I can't see in this season.

Just win, even if its ugly. The rest will happen, good and bad and then we be happy about the good and pi$$ and moan about the bad. Pretty predictable.
I would actually prefer that we win ugly. I believe that the Gophers are the type of team in which only about 1/2 the time (half of our games) will everything, or enough things click, so that we look great winning. Half the time is probably an at best scenario. We can't "waste" one of those games where everything clicks against a non-conference opponent that we could probably beat playing ugly - even if it causes fans to have sweaty palms and tightened abdominal muscles well into the 4th quarter. BTW my wife gives in crap every time I'm watching a Gopher game, she grabs one of my hands and teases me about how clammy and sweaty they are. I tell her that that is a common stress response and she'll have to live with my clammy hands. Go Gophers!

Yeah were not blowing out anyone.....we say this every year
A win is a win, but throttling people I can't see in this season.

Hope you are wrong.

Doesn't mean we didn't need to blow them out....

But if you were to pick a team it should have been Kent St. last year rather than Colorado State.

Top Bottom