Gary Andersen ready for Oregon State to face 'powerhouse' Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Oregonian:

Count Gary Andersen among those ready to see how Oregon State stacks up against a fellow Power-5 opponent on Thursday night.

A Minnesota opponent the Beavers coach referred to as a "powerhouse" during his Monday press conference, based on his past experience facing the Golden Gophers during his two seasons at Wisconsin and the pieces that team returns. The Badgers won both rivalry meetings against Minnesota during Andersen's tenure, but Andersen admired the Golden Gophers' physicality and commitment to running the football and stopping the run during those matchups.

"Many people may not use that word 'powerhouse' for those guys, just because of where they are," Andersen said. "But I would, because I think it's a team that can line up against anybody in the country.

"Just (based on) the respect I have for competing against them and then listening to what these coaches say about the way they feel about their team. Coaches don't just say those things because they want to make their players feel good."

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2016/08/gary_andersen_ready_for_oregon.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom