ESPN: Torrance Gibson suspended for season by Ohio State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Ohio State wide receiver Torrance Gibson has been suspended for the season due to a violation of the school's student code of conduct, a punishment that Urban Meyer made clear he does not agree with heading into the team's season opener on Saturday.

"It was not from the athletic department or football," Meyer said during his weekly news conference Monday. "I disagree with it."

Meyer didn't provide any details on what transpired or what, if anything, could be done about it given his opposition to the discipline. Ohio State has not commented on the nature of the violation.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...uckeyes-suspend-wide-receiver-torrance-gibson

Go Gophers!!

Good to know OSU has slightly higher standards than Florida, not that it's saying much

Until we hear he's clear, I remain a little nervous about hearing something like this regarding Reggie Lynch. I.e. School admin taking it upon itself to act as judge, jury, and executioner.

Until we hear he's clear, I remain a little nervous about hearing something like this regarding Reggie Lynch. I.e. School admin taking it upon itself to act as judge, jury, and executioner.

Sounded like this case it was a clear violation of the student code of conduct (academic dishonesty possibly?) so maybe more clear cut.

Short of being fund with a dead whore or live altar boy I did not believe there were transgressions serious to be suspended for a year at OHST.
Times might have changed.

This is a perfect example of why the discipline arm of the University needs to be completely separate from the athletic department.

School determines he should be suspended for an entire year and CUM does not think he did anything wrong. That is quite a gap in thinking.

Nice to see OSU has a little bit of integrity in the post Baylor era

"I disagree with the decision... because he's a really good football player." - Urban Meyer

This is a perfect example of why the discipline arm of the University needs to be completely separate from the athletic department.

School determines he should be suspended for an entire year and CUM does not think he did anything wrong. That is quite a gap in thinking.

Completely agree. Because it was not action by the Athletic Dept or FB team, it tells me this is a pretty serious non-athletic infraction. Urban will do himself no favors if he continues to call into question.

Absolutely!

+4

Top Bottom