First College Football Game Tonight - From Australia

Iceland12

Reaction score
Cal vs. Hawaii
Where: ANZ Stadium, Sydney
When: 9 p.m. Friday
TV/Radio: ESPN, Sirius XM Channel 84

But for the Cal football team, its trip to Australia for the College Football Sydney Cup has been relatively smooth sailing.

And now, the Bears are ready to open their season on a global stage, bringing some American collegiate spirit Down Under. A crowd of 60,000 is expected at ANZ Stadium when Cal kicks off against Hawaii on Friday night — Saturday afternoon, Sydney time — in the host country’s first college football game in nearly 30 years.

“You don’t want to play in front of 15 people, you want to play in front of 15 million people,” said Cal quarterback Davis Webb. “So I’m excited for the venue, I’m excited to embrace the culture that is here and see how the fans react to touchdowns and big plays....

“I don’t think they know where Berkeley, California, is, but they know what college football is. And every time we have our sweats on walking around the city, they’re always saying, ‘Good luck on Saturday’ or ‘We’ll be there,’ or ‘Really excited you guys are here.’”

http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports...llege-football-kickoff-Down-Under-9185343.php

Yeah, noticed that. Late arriving crowd.
I thought only Minnesota fans were that lackadaisical. ....I learned that right here on good old g'hole

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Boy does Cal have one awful defense. That was not a good Hawai'i team, yet they moved at ease. If Hawai'i had been able to not constantly shoot themselves in the foot, they may have won. But several turnovers and awful penalties doomed them. Webb does not look like the #1 QB in the draft to me and Cal appears to be a fringe bowl team.

Top Bottom