Shama: Does U Need to End Thursday Games?

As I think about it, I wonder if the Vikings were scheduled at home on the last two preseason games in case the stadium was not ready so they gave them the two extra weeks of the preseason to get things done. All of the week four preseason games are slated for Thursday so they can have ten days before the first games of the season.

You are correct on both points.

I laughed pretty hard about competing with the 49-78 MN twins and their 9,000 fans.

Even on Saturday there would be a twins game, the state fair, canterbury (seriously they added horse racing?), and a saints game. The vikings game is unfortunate, blame the vikings/nfl not the U but its a stupid preseason game that doesn't mean anything anyway.

Agree 100%. The Twins are garbage and have been a complete joke this year. Full disclosure, I am a life-long Red Sox fan, so I digress. This game as been on the schedule for years and I have no problem with the home opener being Thursday nights if it continues to fall on the Thursday before Labor Day weekend.

Honestly if we want to talk about bad days to schedule a game, why schedule a game on deer opener? Not that the Purdue game was going to be a big draw anyway... but c'mon man.

I can't believe this thread got to 5 pages.

Can we all agree to just not discuss Shama's takes anymore? His writing is terrible.

I can't believe this thread got to 5 pages.

Can we all agree to just not discuss Shama's takes anymore? His writing is terrible.

Everybody is antsy for the season to start. Happens every year the last couple weeks.

Honestly if we want to talk about bad days to schedule a game, why schedule a game on deer opener? Not that the Purdue game was going to be a big draw anyway... but c'mon man.

Deer opener is not uniform for all the zones.

Everybody is antsy for the season to start. Happens every year the last couple weeks.

Fair, I'll give this one a pass.

I just want a mid forties to high teens victory for the Gophers and all will be well come Thursday night.

Top Bottom