STrib: Gophers expect about 44,000 for Oregon State game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

TCF Bank Stadium was brimming with 54,147 fans for the Gophers' season opener against No. 2 TCU last year. Athletics department officials expect closer to 44,000 for this year's Sept. 1 opener against Oregon State.

That would be similar to what the Gophers drew when they opened with Thursday night games against UNLV (in 2013) and Eastern Illinois (2014).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...egon-state-game-security-reminders/391211451/

Go Gophers!!

They are now expecting 44,004 as I just picked up 4 additional seats for my kids to bring some friends next Thursday under the 4 tix/ 4 sodas/ 4 hot dogs for $99 promotion.

They are now expecting 44,004 as I just picked up 4 additional seats for my kids to bring some friends next Thursday under the 4 tix/ 4 sodas/ 4 hot dogs for $99 promotion.

Great to hear! Great promotion!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The last time we played Oregon State was in 1981, the last year of Memorial Stadium. Outdoor game in September drew 30,890.

The last time we played Oregon State was in 1981, the last year of Memorial Stadium. Outdoor game in September drew 30,890.

I think that I recall that game. It was on TV, maybe Bill Fleming and Steve Davis (the former Oklahoma QB) in the booth. Joe Avezanno was the OSU coach. Let's have a repeat score!

Tough day on XPs, but that final score looks good!

Thank you Woody!! The PA should single him out when they announce the attendance.

The 4/junk/$99 used to be 4/junk/$44 when we were back in the Damn Dome. Good promo and helped get families to games.

Not a fan of smack tal... tweeting. At least not us.

What is the U student enrollment, 40 some thousand? Does anyone have the numbers on student tickets sold? I would hope they're doing the free ticket thing to freshmen.

Thank you Woody!! The PA should single him out when they announce the attendance.

The 4/junk/$99 used to be 4/junk/$44 when we were back in the Damn Dome. Good promo and helped get families to games.

Yep, got my parents, brother, and sister to grab tickets when they had no plans to go to the game previously.

What is the U student enrollment, 40 some thousand? Does anyone have the numbers on student tickets sold? I would hope they're doing the free ticket thing to freshmen.
All incoming freshmen receive tickets as part of Welcome Week, and attendance is mandatory.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

All incoming freshmen receive tickets as part of Welcome Week, and attendance is mandatory.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nothing gets college kids more excited about events than labelling them "mandatory"

44-12 game, I was there as well. I had a student season ticket and that was the week before classes started.

Nothing gets college kids more excited about events than labelling them "mandatory"

I think it would help student attendance if we took the ones who didn't show up for home games and gave them a good flogging. Plus, it would help with morale.

Top Bottom