Updates and Reminders about Security Policies at TCF Bank Stadium‏

GopherLady

Reaction score
From the U of MN - looks like they're going to metal detectors. I remember when we got pat down for every game, it took forever to get in and the lines were insane. Hope this doesn't have the same effect.

Updates and Reminders about Security Policies at TCF Bank Stadium

With the start of football season quickly approaching, the University of Minnesota today shared updates and reminders about its security policies at TCF Bank Stadium. These policies focus on enhancing public safety. Familiarity and compliance with these policies will help fans enter the stadium as quickly as possible.

The most significant change fans will notice when entering the stadium on Thursday, September 1, for the Gophers’ opener against Oregon State will be the use of hand-held metal detector to screen everyone entering the facility. This is a best practice at all large sporting venues in the Twin Cities that have established policies to either screen entrants with hand-held equipment or ask individuals to walk through magnetometers on their way into facilities.

TCF Bank Stadium staff has experience with moving large crowds through entrances while using the hand-held metal detectors. This practice was used for all Minnesota Vikings games played at TCF Bank Stadium the past two seasons, as well as the NHL Stadium Series game last winter and major concerts held at the venue.

In addition to this new policy, the University also reminds fans of its bag policy, which went into effect during the 2015 season. The bag policy is the same as that used in all 32 NFL stadiums around the country and hasn’t changed since last season. Fans will be allowed to enter with clear tote bags (up to 12 inches by six inches by 12 inches) or one-gallon, re-sealable plastic bags. Small, clutch-style purses, up to 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches, will still be allowed as well.

A PDF that helps visualize which bags are and are not allowed in the stadium in accordance with this policy is available on GopherSports.com. Fans who wish to purchase an approved-size, clear bag can find them at Goldy’s Locker Room outside of Gate E near the Minnesota Tribal Nations Plaza.

Like last year, fans can take advantage of a complimentary bag check available inside the University Avenue entrance of Williams Arena. Bag check opens 2.5 hours prior to kickoff and remains open until one hour after the game ends.

Beyond planning ahead to adhere to these entry policies, fans are encouraged to take several simple steps to easily enter through the stadium’s gates.

• Ticketholders may enter the stadium through any gate. By fully utilizing all gates, more fans can be brought into the stadium at the quickest possible pace.
• All gates also feature express lines. Fans without bags can take advantage of these lines to expedite entry into the stadium.
• Crowds tend to swell at all gates as kickoff approaches. Arriving early can increase speed of entry.

For more information about these policies, please contact Gopher Athletics Sales and Service by calling 1-800-U-GOPHER or emailing [email protected].

As a parent toting kids around the clear bag policy is a huge pain in the ass.

The bag policy is totally stupid. REALLY hate it.

So you realize it will never get better, right? Your kids will have it far worse. Remember, this is direct decedent of profiling, or the lack thereof.

Profiling is bad, always. Has never prevented anything, ever.

If your toting around kids you should use a clear bag anyway so they can see out. I'd put in some air holes too.

If your toting around kids you should use a clear bag anyway so they can see out. I'd put in some air holes too.

My favorite post in quite a while. You never know when or where you will stumble across a gem like this. I am going to rank this thread five stars just because of this post.

Metal detectors are at the Twins and T-wolves games (can't remember if they were at the Wild game I went to last year). I haven't been to a Vikings game in eons, but I assume they'll be there too. It was just a matter of time. The Twins do a pretty good job with it, hopefully the Gophers can talk to them to get some help on efficiency.

Courtesy of Donald Trump who leads us to believe their is a terrorist around every corner. .Metal detector on a 6 year old kid.......really!

Courtesy of Donald Trump who leads us to believe their is a terrorist around every corner. .Metal detector on a 6 year old kid.......really!

So your theory is the U is adding this measure this year because of Donald Trump? Watch something other than CNN sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom