The Gophers have released the depth chart...

is Richardson in the dog house or is he just being out-played right now? cant believe that one of our better players wouldnt start in the 1st game

is Richardson in the dog house or is he just being out-played right now? cant believe that one of our better players wouldnt start in the 1st game
It appears that he was beat out as long as he didn't go bacwards it's a net gain. With the rotation such as it is all four defensive tackles will get their chances.

Brian Smith starting is interesting. And where is KiAnte Hardin?

Smith and Richardson only minor surprised

Richardson will play

Looking at some of burned rs big me

What's up with Melvin Holland

Thanks GL. Not sure why it seemed so important to see this but I've been anxiously awaiting. Couple of surprises/comments.

Lingen's shoulder must still be keeping him out. I assume Hardin is hurt also (I hadn't heard he was injured). Kind of surprised Richardson and Jackson are the back-ups at DT. 2 true freshmen in the 2 deep's at wide out. Will Coughlin replace Huff on 2 deeps once he gets back up to speed?

Thanks GL. Not sure why it seemed so important to see this but I've been anxiously awaiting. Couple of surprises/comments.

Lingen's shoulder must still be keeping him out. I assume Hardin is hurt also (I hadn't heard he was injured). Kind of surprised Richardson and Jackson are the back-ups at DT. 2 true freshmen in the 2 deep's at wide out. Will Coughlin replace Huff on 2 deeps once he gets back up to speed?

I think we have 4 starters at DT and will rotate a lot.

Awesome seeing two true freshmen, HS QB's from MN listed on the chart in Martin and Johnson. Did the kid from Cooper play QB as well? I think it goes to show that Coach Johnson has upped the need for Football IQ in having Rhoda as the #2.

I don't think you can read to much into a depth chart , it's just for us fans .. Notable names missing is Brandon Leingen , Melvin Holland , Eric Carter...

<b>I don't think you can read to much into a depth chart , </b>it's just for us fans .. Notable names missing is Brandon Leingen , Melvin Holland , Eric Carter...

This. Add KiAnte to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be surprised if Philip Howard doesn't redshirt.

this might be what Claeys was getting at on Sunday when he talked about players having to accept their roles. I get the sense that Claeys is saying, the best players will play, and if you're not one of the best players, then you need to do a better job in practice, or show you can contribute on special teams.

+1 No Eric Carter, Gentry or Holland on WR list. Kinda crazy.

Claeys didn't exactly give a glowing answer about Holland and Gentry on his Facebook show the other night.

What's the overall WR depth chart right now then?

1) Wolitarsky
2) Still
3) Register
4) Howard

Maybe?

Would Gentry and Holland be listed in the same spot as Still and Register? So perhaps it's hard to tell if they are ahead of Howard and Brian Smith?

+1 No Eric Carter, Gentry or Holland on WR list. Kinda crazy.

Carter is a little surprising, maybe injury related? He looked like he could be a decent player. Holland and Gentry have had bust written all over them for a while now and the fact that they aren't even on the two deep behind true freshmen and players that haven't even been playing the position long says they will probably never really amount to much for the maroon and gold. Hopefully we will see some good things out of the wide receivers, it has been a weak spot in our offense for quite a while.

OSU Depth Chart Posted

Mods merge threads please!!

I think we have 4 starters at DT and will rotate a lot.

Awesome seeing two true freshmen, HS QB's from MN listed on the chart in Martin and Johnson. Did the kid from Cooper play QB as well? I think it goes to show that Coach Johnson has upped the need for Football IQ in having Rhoda as the #2.

Probably has more to do with them wanting to redshirt Croft, Green and Williams than Football IQ. I would imagine Croft starts if there's an injury.

Glad to see Kamal Martin in the two deeps. I always thought he looked like a linebacker while playing quarterback. He's a heck of an athlete. I bet he can be a mean SOB on special teams too.

Is this official? Where was it posted? There are many notable omissions, aside from Jerry Gibson's name being misspelled. I've never seen a depth chart released nine days before a game, nor one that says "subject to change".

Is this official? Where was it posted? There are many notable omissions, aside from Jerry Gibson's name being misspelled. I've never seen a depth chart released nine days before a game, nor one that says "subject to change".

Nice to see 2 true fresh making 2 deeps at WR (Johnson and Howard) Neither even played the position last year! Doesn't say much for Melvin Holland or Isaiah (orange jersey) Gentry, however. Hope Lingen is part of the "subject to change"...

They're not even calling it a depth chart. It's a position chart, whatever that is. I wouldn't look too much into it.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably has more to do with them wanting to redshirt Croft, Green and Williams than Football IQ. I would imagine Croft starts if there's an injury.
Agreed, I think if Leidner was to miss significant time they'd probably play Croft over Rhoda.

On one of last weekends interview shows, Claeys said they would release a depth chart by Tuesday. I doubt this is the official depth chart for the first game. It gives both fans and players an idea of what the coaches are thinking.

Nice to see 2 true fresh making 2 deeps at WR (Johnson and Howard) Neither even played the position last year! Doesn't say much for Melvin Holland or <b>Isaiah (orange jersey) Gentry, </b>however. Hope Lingen is part of the "subject to change"...

LOL

An interesting note is that both place holders are punters. Many coaches use a QB here, but our lack of older QBs may make that hard to do.

Interesting....

We have more true freshman and redshirt freshman (4) on the offensive 2 deep than seniors.

Top Bottom