WI preseason All-American OL Dan Volt retires

As much as I dislike WI, I never like seeing guys have to give the game up because of injuries.

Voltz.

He didn't play against the Gophers last year. That worked out pretty well.

Michigan has lost three recruits in a week as well.

Voltz.

He didn't play against the Gophers last year. That worked out pretty well.

It'll work out well again if the Gophers have to play their 5th and 6th string DT's again.

Pretty shocking news, IMO. He was out for the last 5 or 6 games of last year so UW was able to build some depth there. Lots of Badger fans are pretty high on the Oline this year, even without Voltz, but I'm not completely sold. Still an incredible amount of youth and if another injury or two pop up in the season it'd be a lot of trouble.

I do think in a year or two they will be a very dominant OL.

Perusing some Badger boards, this news has improved their team, the guy behind the AA is even better! No problemo.

Perusing some Badger boards, this news has improved their team, the guy behind the AA is even better! No problemo.

You sure you weren't still on Gopherhole? The backups are always better than the starters around here.

Not sure what Badger boards you frequent, but I have not seen that sentiment. Though I stay away from the badgernation board as it's sheer lunacy, much like most message boards.

Not sure what Badger boards you frequent, but I have not seen that sentiment. Though I stay away from the badgernation board as it's sheer lunacy, much like most message boards.

247. Hope springs eternal before the season, it's just hard to believe that losing an AA doesn't hurt at all (beyond obviously reduced depth).

Not to worry the Gophers are stacked with JCO OL.
So who cares if the remaining WI OL have some years of playing in the BIG ?

As a football fan this puts me down in the dumps. It's a shame to see good players be forced to walk away.

As a gopher fan, anything that weakens Wisconsin is fine by me!

Not to worry the Gophers are stacked with JCO OL.
So who cares if the remaining WI OL have some years of playing in the BIG ?

Lame. Tired. Stale. Weak.

Did I miss any other adjectives?

Top Bottom