The Wild beat the Gophers in song choice

CWCWCW

Reaction score
What do you think of the announcement that the Minnesota Wild have selected Let's Go Crazy as their new goal song? There was a lot of chatter here suggesting that the Gophers use a Prince song between the 3rd and 4th quarter.
Time to move on. Maybe we can get the ChiemelewskI band to start the Gopher Polka.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What do you think of the announcement that the Minnesota Wild have selected Let's Go Crazy as their new goal song? There was a lot of chatter here suggesting that the Gophers use a Prince song between the 3rd and 4th quarter.
Time to move on. Maybe we can get the ChiemelewskI band to start the Gopher Polka.

Good for the Wild I guess. 3rd quarter break needs to just keep doing what it's doing. Already a great thing going on.

Maybe we can find another drug addict to pay tribute to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice call. I had not heard that before. Sounds like it was custom made for the Gophers. I wouldn't mind adding it to the pre-fourth quarter mix.

And I kind of agree with Spoofin. The more we find out about Prince and the events that led to his death leads me to want to refrain from jumping on the Prince idolization bandwagon.

Interesting. Apparently the second team in town to make this decision. When at the soccer match at US Bank Stadium a few weeks ago, every time a team scored Let's Go Crazy was played. I assumed that meant the Vikings were planning on using it.

Personally I would prefer something that fires me up pre 4th quarter or after a goal is scored. I'm sorry to Prince fans but his music isn't exactly what I'm looking for

Womp womp.

But don't try again, comedy isn't your thing if that made you chuckle.

Funny, Sad, and True all in one. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, but turns out that is what he was.

As a Wild fan, I'm upset. I really enjoyed the previous goal horn. I liked that they switched it for the playoff games, but every game seems a bit much. In term of the Gophers, I like what we've been doing between the 3rd and 4th quarter. No need to reach for something that every other Minnesota sports team has been doing.

Funny, Sad, and True all in one. Sorry if it hurt your feelings, but turns out that is what he was.

I'll give you debilitating pain and see how long you go without using some serious painkillers on a regular basis. Actually sounds like his medication was mislabeled...so that would be an accidental overdose.

As a Wild fan, I'm upset. I really enjoyed the previous goal horn. I liked that they switched it for the playoff games, but every game seems a bit much. In term of the Gophers, I like what we've been doing between the 3rd and 4th quarter. No need to reach for something that every other Minnesota sports team has been doing.

Agreed, like what they are doing.

He was a lot of things, why focus on that? I sure hope I'm not defined by flaws when I pass.

Great change to the Wild goal song. The old one is probably the most overused goal song in all of hockey. It should be something unique and this switch will be both local, and unique.

Doesn't hurt my feelings, just makes you sound like a prick.

Show respect for the dead.

Great change to the Wild goal song. The old one is probably the most overused goal song in all of hockey. It should be something unique and this switch will be both local, and unique.

Totally agree, "Crowd Chant" is generic and played out.

I know he has been dead for about 50 years, but he did have big shows on WCCO Radio, so I say we put this video featuring Whoopee John Wilfahrt up on the large board for the 4Q break. This will bring down the house, and even though it was the New Ulm Polka, it was also known as the Minnesota Polka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56YUeYUOrOo

Pretty fancy Radio production:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bihgfy47DDc
\
#2 The Legend Harold L and the Six Fat Dutchmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ni9PCH5hU

I really liked my idea to put the video below up on the big scoreboard with the volume all the way up, at window rattling levels, waking up all the Phylis Kahn supporting,, pissy Prospect Park neighbors. Take that! The centerpiece of this great plan is old Whoopee John Wilfahrt record circling on the turntable as the Minnesota/ or New Ulm Polka plays, but maybe only the graduate students would really get into it. The 18/19 year old crowd might now like it as much as I do. I think about half the freshmen will really get into it and the rest will start wrecking things.

Sid would really like this as well:

Well let's just forget about that one, but I think what is being done right now is great, and should not be changed at all. There is variation, but it is very much driven by the tastes of the students and they respond impressively and that is all that matters. The break is all about student energy and the rest of us tend to feed off of that and nothing else really matters.

I liked Prince as much as anyone, but some of this stuff is getting a little over done. The poor man is dead and it is time to move on. For the record, I am not much of a Hockey fan, and thought that Joe Satriani Crowd Chant song really blew, so the Prince song will be a bit upgrade over there at Xcel. In fact the music I can hear on the TV from Xcel during Hockey games seems really awful. Who is their target audience, people living in their parent's basements in Fridley or Blaine who think is is still 1981?

Top Bottom