Todd Marinovich, former USC quarterback, arrested naked with marijuana

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the OC Register:

Former USC star and Raiders quarterback Todd Marinovich was arrested after he was found naked with marijuana in someone else’s backyard, police said Monday.

The 47-year-old was cited for trespassing, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana, Irvine police Commander Mike Hallinan said Monday. Police suspect that the substance was methamphetamine, he said, but what was discovered will undergo testing.

About 9 p.m. Friday, police received a complaint call.

“The caller stated that there was a naked person on Venta Spur Trail,” said Hallinan, referring to a paved bike and walking path that runs along a greenbelt between homes.

Hallinan said that Marinovich, an Irvine resident, was in a backyard of a home on Bluecoat: “He was carrying the items in a brown bag.”

ocbzri-low.res.blur.mug.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/marinovich-726612-possession-quarterback.html

Go Gophers!!

Wow, he looks 67. Let this be a lesson for the kids out there.

"You ever get arrested naked.... ON WEED?!?!" -enhancement smoker

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Was this the guy who was basically "programed" by his dad at a very young age to become a D1 quarterback with the hopes of then going on to the NFL ? As i recall he was not allowed to eat fast food, drink alcohol, do drugs etc. and he was on an incredibily short leash with his dad relating to training, diet, film study, camps etc. etc. This might sound like a lot of kids today but back then the measures his dad took to shelter the kid from society were way overboard and probably would still be today.

Was this the guy who was basically "programed" by his dad at a very young age to become a D1 quarterback with the hopes of then going on to the NFL ? As i recall he was not allowed to eat fast food, drink alcohol, do drugs etc. and he was on an incredibily short leash with his dad relating to training, diet, film study, camps etc. etc. This might sound like a lot of kids today but back then the measures his dad took to shelter the kid from society were way overboard and probably would still be today.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

There is an ESPN 30 for 30 about this dude. Not one of the better installments, but tells the story.

OMG!! That is exactly my recurring nightmare, but I always awake before I'm booked.

In his Dad's defense, those tactics did result in a free college education and got his kid paid when he was drafted in the NFL. 1 or 2 minor side-effects are expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom