The 2016 Gophers football season will be a success if...(fill in the blank)

Indeed.

I don't get the folks counting their chickens on a trip to Happy Valley... Penn St. might not be where they used to be but you can't be counting those Ws already.

Unless Croft or Green are better than we know expect the team to be similar to last years squad.Could be worse if Claeys turns his back on upperclassmen in an effort to game test the underclassmen. see 1-11 season for how this works out.

Success would be at least 8 wins including Wisconsin, or at least 9 wins in the event of a loss to Wisconsin.

Unless Croft or Green are better than we know expect the team to be similar to last years squad.Could be worse if Claeys turns his back on upperclassmen in an effort to game test the underclassmen. see 1-11 season for how this works out.

More unbelievable insight, thanks. What color is the sky in your world?

Beating an SEC or PAC 10 team in the bowl game means the rest of the season was a success. The bowl win seals a successful season.

This season has been circled by fans since it came out. Yes, there was a coaching change, but realistically this is mostly the same staff who have (according to them) continuously improved the talent of the players that are on this team. To truly be a successful season I think there has to be more than 8 wins. Otherwise I think it's at least mildly disappointing. And they have to get at least two of the four trophies they play for (counting $5 Broken Bits of Chair Trophy in this discussion).

for those who posted on this before the season- - did the "success" meter ring true. I quickly read through them and guess the majority of the posts would suggest this was not a successful year

Seems the only poster that felt 8-4 would be successful was a Wisconsin fan. Maybe a few others if we rise up and win the bowl game. Now that the regular season many seem to have changed their tune and consider 8-4 a really good and successful season - interesting turn of events.

Yep. Read a lot of 9 win requirements and trophy game requirements.

Appears to be a failure of a season by Gopherhole standards. And rightfully so.

Top Bottom