Blue Ribbon Yearbook names 3 Big Ten players to preseason All-American first team

Nigel Hayes shot 37% from the field and was one of the least efficient players in the country. 37%!

Absurd to put him as a 1st team AA, much less the NPOY.

Nigel Hayes??? I wouldn't have picked him all conference, lol. That's not even my usual Wisconsin hate. He's a nice player but player of the year? LOL

Nigel Hayes shot 37% from the field and was one of the least efficient players in the country. 37%!

Absurd to put him as a 1st team AA, much less the NPOY.

Sophomore slump as a junior? There has to be someone with a Wisconsin background making those decisions. My guess is Nigel is even asking, "What are you thinking?"

The supposed story behind Hayes is he tried to change his form on his shot to try to improve his NBA stock and it threw everything off. That and being the focus of the offense affected him. We'll see if those excuses hold true.

I like Hayes as a player - but couldn't you argue that he might be the team's third best player? He's probably their best but it wouldn't shock me if by March, any one of Happ, Koenig and Hayes are considered the alpha on that team.

As far as Trimble and Bryant go, I think Trimble could get his way onto an AA list if he carries Maryland like Kris Dunn did Providence. He's going to have to because I don't think the Terps are going to be that good unless he's incredible. Bryant is a hard one too. I like him a lot and I think Indian might be the best team in the conference but i don't see him putting up numbers good enough to get consideration as an AA. The Hoosiers have enough talent around him and big guys tend to go unnoticed at times unless they are dominant.

Apply for a position on the Blue Ribbon Year Book.
I am sure your expertise would have them hire you immediately.

Give an actual opinion or get off. You seem to know alot about Wisconsin for a gopher fan. Btw its laughable to say Hayes is the POT. It's like saying ML7 will be a first rounder

Expertise does not equal infallibility. I'm surprised you're not aware of that.

A kind of ujder the radar guy for first team AA is Chris Boucher. Minnesota was very much in the mix for him out of the JUCO ranks until Oregon swooped in and nabbed him. He averaged 12.1ppg, 7.4rpg and 2.9bpg on 54% shooting and in 26 minutes per game. Not only is he an good scorer/rebounder and elite shot blocker, he also was 39/115 (34%) from 3-point range. He is maybe the most unique player in college basketball and incredibly fun to watch play.

Top Bottom