U of M, United Properties plan massive project near TCF Bank Stadium

Any timeline in this? Any other details? This site has been an eyesore for years. Will be great to see this project go thru.

Since I do not subscribe I cannot read the article, but can get an idea from the pictures of where it is. Which, if I am see it correctly, sucks because that is where I tailgate and looking at that incredibly small picture it seems that they will use up more tailgating areas. Good and bad I guess. That Days Inn could use a makeover, but I am loathe to have to give up such a sweet spot.

Since I do not subscribe I cannot read the article, but can get an idea from the pictures of where it is. Which, if I am see it correctly, sucks because that is where I tailgate and looking at that incredibly small picture it seems that they will use up more tailgating areas. Good and bad I guess. That Days Inn could use a makeover, but I am loathe to have to give up such a sweet spot.

Get used to this though, weren't the majority of the lots near the stadium planned to be developed eventually? Land is at a premium for the U, nearly all the parking spaces in lots will be moved to ramps eventually.

This is great news for the area around the stadium since that large block of land was very unattractive and under-utilized. Next on my wish list is that that the ugly 1970's eyesore U of M office building with the gold tinted windows at the corner of University and Huron goes away. Getting rid of that will open up the view of the stadium from the eastern gateway to the campus.

This is great news for the area around the stadium since that large block of land was very unattractive and under-utilized. Next on my wish list is that that the ugly 1970's eyesore U of M office building with the gold tinted windows at the corner of University and Huron goes away. Getting rid of that will open up the view of the stadium from the eastern gateway to the campus.

This^^^ It has always bugged me that when I come towards the stadium from the east, the bank is blocked by that ugly building. It would be amazing if they leveled that and put in some kind of plaza where people could gather for pregame or post game.

This^^^ It has always bugged me that when I come towards the stadium from the east, the bank is blocked by that ugly building. It would be amazing if they leveled that and put in some kind of plaza where people could gather for pregame or post game.

Wife gets sick of me saying the same thing.

I think that is the plan

Top Bottom