WBB: Borton's book

“The media market in the Twin Cities is one of — if not the most — vicious media markets in the country,” she writes.

That's been a subject of much debate in this forum. Is it or isn't it?
Is this some sort of code? This sounds like sour grapes or wanting to eviscerate some media member's personal life.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I do remember that game. I thought you were referencing a situation where Broback engaged in the kind of behavior that Ricky Birdsong engaged in a Williams many years ago.

I used a little embellishment to describe what appeared to me a disconnect between Broback and the action on the court.

Post game, Borton, famously said bluntly :"I thought she was playing scared and tentative. "Jamie wasn't getting the job done." With those words the season long battle of egos or idiocy, (fill in the blank) culminated.

I may come off as rude here but frankly I don't care. Borton was a piece of **** as a coach. lets break down her career. Came here as if recall the 6th or 7th option since so other coaches were offered the position and didn't want it due to the situation at the university/program. yes she was technically the head coach of the final four team BUT of the 8 players in the rotation during that run, she only brought in ONE! the starting 5 was already here, and Broback and Podominick had already committed to coach before Borton. (Brenda Freese). Whalen and Mccarville were the driving forces of going to Final Four. The team could of had a monkey in a suit coaching them and still make the final four. Need proof? look at what happened to the team THE VERY FIRST SEASON when borton didn't have Whalen or Mccarville.

Next, what a horrible person to talk about people sexual abuse history of players that transferred. not her place to bring anything that up. Just adds to the long list of her throwing anyone under the bus to explain her being too incompetent to be a functioning coach. Numerous times after games she threw the players under the bus when she was simply out coached.

and lastly, lets talk about recruiting. I refuse to give her credit for recruiting Banham and Wagner because lets get real..both were home town kids who were never going to leave the state. A coach who could actually recruit needs to get those kids that are on the fence or looking elsewhere. Kids like Hill, Coffey, Dahlman, Johnson, Jenna Smith, Wahlin, Buck and many many more!

Plain and simple, borton should of been fired 3 or 4 years before it happened. she was a kiss ass to Joel Maturi and he gave her an under the table extension on his way out. she has no right to ever complain about the university because frankly she basically stole a pay check from it for many years. Yes Teague was a disgusting human but firing borton was the abosolute right decision. in her two seasons here Marlene has done more than borton could her last 6 or 7 years!

in conclusion, I will only read borton's book if I need a good vomit

This is a fair comment. Borton was trash.

Top Bottom