Tyler Nanne Transferring to Minnesota

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/ex-edina-hockey-star-tyler-nanne-transferring-to-u/388981341/

Former Edina star Tyler Nanne will transfer to Minnesota this fall and confirmed Monday he will play hockey for the Gophers.

Nanne's health became a concern for Ohio State, but after being cleared by doctors at the Mayo Clinic earlier this year, the Gophers have found a place for Nanne on their roster.

Nanne was on campus Monday for a physical and plans to file a NCAA transfer waiver in order to be eligible to compete this season. However, a redshirt season might benefit Nanne as he works to get back into shape after missing more than a year of competition.

His grandpa is my favorite sports personality in the state of Minnesota, but is he any good, or is this more of a name recognition type thing?

His grandpa is my favorite sports personality in the state of Minnesota, but is he any good, or is this more of a name recognition type thing?

He was drafted by the Rangers in the 5th round in 2014.

He will be a total unknown coming off of being out that long. He's not coming in to set the world on fire. I could maybe see a Tony Lucia like career if he plays forward. 0.4-0.5 points per game.

Think he might play D, though. In that case, it'll be tough to get a ton of ice time.

Top Bottom