North Carolina AD on possibility of self-imposed penalties

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was too lazy to look for the previous North Carolina thread (has to be one somewhere).

And here we go

I bet they get very modest penalties.

The moment that the NCAA lets UNC off the hook, all the Gopher Final Four and Big Ten banners from '97 need to go back up.

I was too lazy to look for the previous North Carolina thread (has to be one somewhere).

Carolina has done nothing improper. Neither have their student athletes.

Again - anyone that believes college athletics are played on an even playing field is fooling themselves.

They should be let off the hook just on account of their AD's awesome name.

If this isn't the textbook example of lack of institutional control, I don't know what is.
Wait a minute! The NCAA uses textbooks? Better start that investigation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If the NCAA doesn't give UNC a punishment matching/exceeding the severity of the U's, then they have lost all credibility in my mind.

Agree with this. If UNC basically gets off scot free, I hope the U has the stones to do this. What's the NCAA going to say, hey, you can't do that? NCAA will have lost all credibility.

And Voshon Lenard once again becomes the Gophers' all-time leading scorer, and Bobby Jackson once again becomes a Big Ten MVP, and both should be noted as such from there forward.

Take another look. NCAA lost all cred a long long time ago.

North Carolina Cheating Tar Heals

Take another look. NCAA lost all cred a long long time ago.

NCAA clearly has jurisdiction because players would have been ineligible to play had they not gotten an A in a made up class. It is embarrassing. North Carolina should Man up and except the punishment for what they have done. The NCAA has no choice but to act decisively. The whole world is watching. North Carolina is hoping it will just go away if they drag it out long enough but now the cat is out of the bag. Rashad McCants opened up this can of Whoop ###

The NCAA does not have the ability to make people testify under oath.
In the MN case the perp spilled her guts because she was angry about how she was treated.
The profs at NC involved in the fraud "retired".
Their separation pay may depend on their silence.

The NCAA does not have the ability to make people testify under oath. In the MN case the perp spilled her guts because she was angry about how she was treated. The profs at NC involved in the fraud "retired". Their separation pay may depend on their silence.

There's more than enough info out there already to come down extremely hard on UNC, including one or two of the professors and several athletes spilling the beans. Whether the NCAA does so is the big question.

The difference between UNC and MN cases is principally that UNC decided to dig in their heels, fight back, and make it hard on the NCAA to punish them whereas Minnesota did not.

Top Bottom