Big Ten coordinator of officials still regrets targeting call against Gophers

He added: “[Perry’s] hand went under [Leidner’s] armpit. [The helmet] came through, yes, but his face was up. He didn’t use the crown. He had contact to the chin, but we didn’t think the force was there. We thought it was about 6 inches lower. Most of it was at the chest.”

The worst part of this comment is that the ref announced on the field that it was overturned and not targeting because there was no contact to the head. This guy just changed the reasoning for the call be overturned afterwards.

Once again that official and the press box official should both have been released of all duties the next Monday. But no, nothing was done. Sad

It is over.
Give it up.
One play rarely determines the outcome of a game.
The powers that be cannot and will not change the score.
The sun did come up the next morning.

In an article from last fall Carollo said ABC had 11 different camera angles available to the review official. Supposedly one of them showed 37's arm going into Leidners armpit and he didn't lead with his helmet.

Nonsense then, nonsense now, and a mea culpa now doesn't take away the incompetence or possible nefariousness involved with it. 11 different angles available and that was the call. Fire him.

Nobody will be fired. These people did exactly what the NFL / Ziggy Wilf / Mark Wilf expected of them. If anything, they received a nice Christmas bonus.

Nobody will be fired. These people did exactly what the NFL / Ziggy Wilf / Mark Wilf expected of them. If anything, they received a nice Christmas bonus.

What do the Wilfs have to do with that game?

It is over.
Give it up.

It was hazy sunshine at best, and I don't recall the twitter of any birds either.

It is over.
Give it up.

You're faux consternation should be directed at the Pioneer Press (that's a newspaper in St. Paul, MN).

This came up while their writer was covering B10 media days in Chicago. It's not like someone just brought this up because they're still pissed about it.

But you already knew that, and just decided to **** on this thread. You won't be missed when you stop posting here.

I guess you have to throw out insults like that when you are on Ziggy and Mark Wilf's payroll.

This also doesn't make any sense, given that's not the case for me.

I wasn't joking - you're either crazy or do a great job pretending to be.

Top Bottom