PiPress: Gophers’ Jack Lynn comes home as leader in Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Jack Lynn had to sell himself on the recruiting trail in 2011. The Lake Zurich, Ill., linebacker had offers from in-state schools such as Illinois State, Northern Illinois and Western Illinois, but the state’s Big Ten schools were lukewarm.

Back in the Windy City for Big Ten media days Monday, the Gophers’ senior captain looked back on how he picked Minnesota.

“I would say Michigan State was a little bit harder and stronger recruiting me than Illinois or Northwestern was, but at the end of the day Minnesota offered first,” Lynn said. “I had a good feeling with Coach (Jerry) Kill and his staff.”

Those feelings are mutual. In 2015, Lynn led Minnesota with 11 tackles for losses and was fourth on the team with 76 total tackles in 13 games, up from seven TFLs and 57 tackles in 2014.

“I think it’s the fact that the game slowed down for me a lot,” Lynn said of his improvement. “I think that’s me being more comfortable in our system and understanding what the offense is trying to do to our system.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/26/gophers-jack-lynn-comes-home-as-leader-in-minnesota/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom