Nebraska punter Sam Foltz dies in crash

I always hate Nebraska but stuff like this transcends such feelings. I hate to hear of such a young life cut short. Sad day for college football.

[emoji174] [emoji22] [emoji25] What a sad moment. Heartbreaking.

Wow, very sad. It can all end in an instant.

Horrible news. RIP

Ugh. Sounds like no seat belts. Wear your seat belts.

Another passenger was injured, the senior punter for LSU, he'll need your prayers too. It sounds like they were mentoring at a Kohls camp.

Terrible loss for their families/ teams. Sadler was academic all Big Ten and scheduled to start law school @ Stanford.

Very sad. Sounds like an accident during heavy rain. Although snow always get the headlines, it is heavy rain that scares me the most. Snow keeps people off the roads. Heavy rain comes suddenly and most people are unprepared. The worst are the people that pull off to the side of a highway. If you can get off the highway and into a driveway or a parking, by all means do so but waiting it out on the shoulder is about as dangerous as you get. Much better to slow down and keep going.

Very sad. Sounds like an accident during heavy rain. Although snow always get the headlines, it is heavy rain that scares me the most. Snow keeps people off the roads. Heavy rain comes suddenly and most people are unprepared. The worst are the people that pull off to the side of a highway. If you can get off the highway and into a driveway or a parking, by all means do so but waiting it out on the shoulder is about as dangerous as you get. Much better to slow down and keep going.

Snow and ice you skid but usually not super far, and at least you could slowly slide into some other snow for traction.

Rain, if you hit some water and hydroplane.... not much you can do except hope it doesn't last long and pray the car doesn't decide to turn sideways or something.

This is it in one sentence. Weather doesn't kill drivers, drivers kill drivers. Slow down, wear a seat belt.

per Joe: Former Gophers punter Mortell mourns loss of cohorts

"It's just so, so sad," an emotional Mortell said in a phone interview. "Mike [Sadler] was on his way to Stanford Law School. Sam was the returning Big Ten Punter of the Year. I guess God had a different plan."

Mortell was the Big Ten Punter of the Year in 2014, but beyond the awards, he shared something else in common with Sadler and Foltz: fun-loving personalities and determination to inspire people. The tributes for Foltz and Sadler have been pouring in.

"They're in a better place now," Mortell said. "I just want them to be celebrated. God used them in so many ways. They impacted so many people. It was an honor and privilege to have them as friends. I'm very fortunate I got to spend the time with them that I did."

http://www.startribune.com/former-gophers-punter-mortell-mourns-loss-of-cohorts/388208412/

Go Gophers!!

I have been in tropical downpours where stopping was the only option you can't always slow down and keep going. While it's only happaned to me in Texas and Florida I've seen some storms here (the Superstorm of 1987) that had similar rainfall rates.

Top Bottom