Tracy Claeys on Sports Huddle 7-24-16

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Gopher Football coach Tracy Claeys appeared on the Sports Huddle with Sid and Dave on WCCO radio on Sunday.

Sid: Good recruiting year - 10 players already.
TC: Last spring, during off-season, staff put in a lot of time - 6 weeks on the road - identify a lot of kids. those kids been able to get to campus. always feel better when we get kids to campus, see what a great place we have - Twin Cities great place to live.

Sid: add another JUCO o-line this year?
TC: still looking at 1 or 2. getting close to start of season - not very likely. (because of timing)

Sid: media picking you to finish last in West division.(?) guys on internet are wrong, won't run correction.
TC: I don't read that stuff. don't want to hear it. I think we have our best group of kids back - looking forward to season. if we show up on Saturday and play the way we're capable up, get to end of November, we'll be right there with opportunity to play for a chance to go to (B1G title).

Dave: Carter Coughlin?
TC: take first 14 practices and evaluate new kids - see if there's a role they can play - or play more than just a role. (Coughlin) will get looked at from special teams to defense - in HS he rushed off the edge in certain situations. we're going to try to find a role for him - he's got a chance to make us better.

Sid: they're talking about an easy schedule.
TC: we play 5 conf games on road - never easy to win on road. we play one of the toughest conference schedules in the country in the B1G. we had an awfully tough schedule last year (TCU). I look forward to season. kids are excited to prove themselves.

Sid: any redshirts contribute this season?
TC: Colton Beebe at FB/H-back/TE -- WR Hunter Register big receiver - bulked up, catches ball well. in Secondary Buford, Johnson will get opportunity. LB Jaylen Waters over 250, he can run.

Dave: put more pressure on opposing QB's?
TC: probably do a lot more stuff in practice. 3rd-down and long-yardage stuff - that's where we have to make improvements. Go "live" more in practice - have to practice live to prepare for game situations. work on that stuff during 1st 20 practices - after that, focus on getting ready for 1st opponent.

Sid: do you have good pass-rushers?
TC: get people in right positions. see different people coming off the edge - do some things we didn't do a year ago. we have the kids to do it. coaching all about playing to kid's strengths. coaches will do a good job putting right kids on the field.

Sid: I know you're going to have a great team.

`Thanks a lot.

get to end of November, we'll be right there with opportunity to play for a chance to go to (B1G title).
I'm all for that.

SON...Thanks from an out of towner who doesn't get the TC broadcasts.

Your reports are wonderful for us out of owners. Cant thank you enough!

Sid: any redshirts contribute this season?
TC: Colton Beebe at FB/H-back/TE -- WR Hunter Register big receiver - bulked up, catches ball well. in Secondary Buford, Johnson will get opportunity. LB Jaylen Waters over 250, he can run.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gopher Football coach Tracy Claeys appeared on the Sports Huddle with Sid and Dave on WCCO radio on Sunday.

Sid: media picking you to finish last in West division.(?) guys on internet are wrong, won't run correction.
TC: I don't read that stuff. don't want to hear it. I think we have our best group of kids back - looking forward to season. if we show up on Saturday and play the way we're capable up, get to end of November, we'll be right there with opportunity to play for a chance to go to (B1G title).

They are picking us for fifth. Using Sid math half of Big Ten (Western Conference) equals ten divided by 2 or five. Thus finishing fifth would be last. Easy math:rolleyes:

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy Beebe demolishing undersized defensers, thundering for YAC, etc

Thank You!

I appreciate your reports SON !! I respect your knowledge as well...you can't always believe everything you read on the internet. Ha

Thanks SON.

Despite what people may say behind your back, you're not ornery.

You are a son Of Norway.

SON

Listening to Sid so you don't have to[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great report...finally able to see it..super thanks!

Top Bottom