line vs Oregon St

denguegopher

Reaction score
If not already posted, I just read that we are 10 point favorites. Let's hope it is accurate.

We will win by double or triple that.

I would love to see the Gophs go out and dominate the non-conf games. But, let's remember - the Gophers have a new offensive coordinator, new system, will have several new starters on o-line, and have to replace their best WR from last year. I wouldn't be shocked if it took the offense a while to gel. And - I wouldn't be shocked if they wanted to keep some things under wraps until the conference season. At the same time, the defense will have a revamped secondary, and new starters at several positions.

Bottom line - a win is a win. in a perfect world, they would get up early, get younger kids some playing time in the second half, and keep everybody healthy. You want the team to be playing its best in the conference games.

I would love to see the Gophs go out and dominate the non-conf games. But, let's remember - the Gophers have a new offensive coordinator, new system, will have several new starters on o-line, and have to replace their best WR from last year. I wouldn't be shocked if it took the offense a while to gel. And - I wouldn't be shocked if they wanted to keep some things under wraps until the conference season. At the same time, the defense will have a revamped secondary, and new starters at several positions.

Bottom line - a win is a win. in a perfect world, they would get up early, get younger kids some playing time in the second half, and keep everybody healthy. You want the team to be playing its best in the conference games.
I understand you caution, but I think that the Offensive Line even if not fully in sync, it will be good enough to dominate in the running game. With the bye in week three, we'll have a week to work on any early glitches, by week four the offense should be fairly efficient.

I understand you caution, but I think that the Offensive Line even if not fully in sync, it will be good enough to dominate in the running game. With the bye in week three, we'll have a week to work on any early glitches, by week four the offense should be fairly efficient.

Our OL has underachieved (played below its potential) since Mason and I think those days are ending. The OL will determine how this season goes. I believe it goes extremely well. Big win over OSU.

Our OL has underachieved (played below its potential) since Mason and I think those days are ending. The OL will determine how this season goes. I believe it goes extremely well. Big win over OSU.

I'd for a monumental win over tOSU in the B1G championship game!

We return 3 starters on the OL and will run basically the same offense but with more spread concepts. We do need to replace KJ Maye's production but we needed to replace Maxx Williams' last year. Oregon St is a very young team and their defense will be made up of inexperienced players. We should be able to dominate the LOS. The Beavers will be breaking in new coordinators on both sodes of the ball and a new QB. They have some good backs and receivers and an ok OL. I am sure they score some points but I doubt they can score enough to win against our defense.

They are terrible. If we lose, it means Minnesota probably doesn't win more than 3-4 games this season.

Top Bottom