Bart Miller pushing the button......

Now he just needs to recruit D linemen.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Folks in Wisconsin really liked him, they lost him during a head coaching transition. One of the stories was that when the OL was struggling he showed up, was able to really motivate those guys. That would seem to translate well to recruiting.

Now he just needs to recruit D linemen.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Calm down....A lot of these lineman in H.S. play on both sides of the ball. You never know what the staff has planned for some of these kids.

dude was the fall guy when UW eeked out a home win over Utah St. he'll have an ax to grind against UW you can count on that. no one on that team will want the W over UW more than Bart. ax to grind..i crack myself up.

dude was the fall guy when UW eeked out a home win over Utah St. he'll have an ax to grind against UW you can count on that. no one on that team will want the W over UW more than Bart. ax to grind..i crack myself up.

I think you got that mixed up. Bart got promoted to Oline coach from his GA position after Bielema canned Mike Markuson after week 2 of the season. The Badgers definitely eeked out a win over Utah State in week 3, but I don't recall anyone complaining about Miller after that game. Markuson was shredded for a number of reasons, but many rumors included heavy drinking and stinking like booze all the time. I'm pretty sure Markuson hasn't coached since.

Miller did a pretty good job for the last 10 games of the season, and you're right, some badger fans wanted to hold on to him when Andersen came in the next year. He reverted back to the typical Badger offensive line teaching as opposed to Markuson who tried to change the entire blocking scheme/learning.

It did help Miller that he had Travis Fredrick, Ricky Wagner, Ryan Groy and Rob Havenstein, as well as some other talented players on the line.

I think you got that mixed up. Bart got promoted to Oline coach from his GA position after Bielema canned Mike Markuson after week 2 of the season. The Badgers definitely eeked out a win over Utah State in week 3, but I don't recall anyone complaining about Miller after that game. Markuson was shredded for a number of reasons, but many rumors included heavy drinking and stinking like booze all the time. I'm pretty sure Markuson hasn't coached since.

Miller did a pretty good job for the last 10 games of the season, and you're right, some badger fans wanted to hold on to him when Andersen came in the next year. He reverted back to the typical Badger offensive line teaching as opposed to Markuson who tried to change the entire blocking scheme/learning.

It did help Miller that he had Travis Fredrick, Ricky Wagner, Ryan Groy and Rob Havenstein, as well as some other talented players on the line.

I thought I read that that even Alvarez suggested they keep Miller.

Actually he replaced the fall guy and everyone loved him, he may have an axe to grind for not being asked back and with Gary Anderson

Pretty sure there are a couple seniors who might want that win just a little more than him. Pretty sure.

He is a position coach guys. Let's not act like he is the deciding factor in any game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a position coach guys. Let's not act like he is the deciding factor in any game.

If you can recruit well, you can be a factor.

I'm no fan of the unnamed coach three coaches ago but I'd be happy to have him position coaching and recruiting. Some guys make a big difference.

I thought I read that that even Alvarez suggested they keep Miller.

Possibly, though I find it hard to think that info would actually be public anywhere. Like I said, he did a nice job and many badger fans wanted him retained. The fact is he was brand new to the gig one year out of being a GA. At a school like Wisconsin, the OL coach is a pretty big job for a guy to get one year on the paid coaching circuit.

He'll probably do a nice job at the U, but I think there's more to developing dominant OLines than just the coach.

Possibly, though I find it hard to think that info would actually be public anywhere. Like I said, he did a nice job and many badger fans wanted him retained. The fact is he was brand new to the gig one year out of being a GA. At a school like Wisconsin, the OL coach is a pretty big job for a guy to get one year on the paid coaching circuit.

He'll probably do a nice job at the U, but I think there's more to developing dominant OLines than just the coach.

Inside baseball info like that is always hard to be sure of.

I was wondering if you had a split personality disorder. I guess this answers that.

Gotta disagree...position coaches can absolutely win or lose games by the decisions they make during games and on a bigger picture by how good or competent they are at their job. Tracy didn't make some great adjustments as defensive coordinator to shut down opposing offenses in his time? Limey didn't totally confuse Iowa with the shifting offense we never saw again? Leidner looking like Tom Brady in our bowl game with a new voice in his ear and a thousand other position coach examples that have a major impact on games?

So position coaches don't matter? We'd do just as well if you or anybody filled one of the slots? Mark Few was the assistant at Gonzaga when Munson gained some notoriety. Few has kept Gonzaga at the top. Monson struggles to remain employed. Sometimes it is the assistants or an assistant who is the reason teams are successful, not the head coach....because the assistants are carrying the load. You don't believe our O-Line will be improved because of our new O-Line coach and his attack attitude?

Gotta disagree...position coaches can absolutely win or lose games by the decisions they make during games and on a bigger picture by how good or competent they are at their job. Tracy didn't make some great adjustments as defensive coordinator to shut down opposing offenses in his time? Limey didn't totally confuse Iowa with the shifting offense we never saw again? Leidner looking like Tom Brady in our bowl game with a new voice in his ear and a thousand other position coach examples that have a major impact on games?

So position coaches don't matter? We'd do just as well if you or anybody filled one of the slots? Mark Few was the assistant at Gonzaga when Munson gained some notoriety. Few has kept Gonzaga at the top. Monson struggles to remain employed. Sometimes it is the assistants or an assistant who is the reason teams are successful, not the head coach....because the assistants are carrying the load. You don't believe our O-Line will be improved because of our new O-Line coach and his attack attitude?

Claeys and Limey were coordinators. I didn't mention coordinators nor did I mention assistant Basketball coaches (where did that come from?).

Give me 60 minutes on YouTube and I could be a position coach in football. OK, that is a joke, but let's not give too much importance to a position coach, OK.

Give me 60 minutes on YouTube and I could be a position coach in football. OK, that is a joke, but let's not give too much importance to a position coach, OK.

Back in the day when I was getting my teaching and coaching certification, I took a football class as part of the latter. It was taught by an active DII O-line coach. I'm quite knowledgeable about football, and this guy may have just as well been speaking in tongues. And again, this was DII.

Trust me, you're barely on the same planet as these guys in terms of football knowledge and understanding.

Top Bottom