BTN: Ranking 2016 top 100 B1G football players 80-61. #69 Mitch Liedner

Otis

Reaction score

Plenty of time to move up. By November he will be top 10.

I have a feeling every time Mitch has an errant throw or misses a wide open receiver there will be posts about how he doesn't look like a first round pick.

Probably unfair to put such high expectations on him. For me, I"ll be happy if he's invited to the combine. Getting drafted, even in round 5-7 will be wonderful as it means we probably had a pretty good year as a team (assuming the defense doesn't suffer a large drop off). Getting drafted in the first three rounds would be...mind-blowing. Never say never and I'm excited to see what he can do with a healthy leg and a solid line, as a senior.

I have a feeling every time Mitch has an errant throw or misses a wide open receiver there will be posts about how he doesn't look like a first round pick.

Probably unfair to put such high expectations on him. For me, I"ll be happy if he's invited to the combine. Getting drafted, even in round 5-7 will be wonderful as it means we probably had a pretty good year as a team (assuming the defense doesn't suffer a large drop off). Getting drafted in the first three rounds would be...mind-blowing. Never say never and I'm excited to see what he can do with a healthy leg and a solid line, as a senior.

I'm with you on the negativity. Kind of like being a goalie in hockey. People quickly forget all the great saves when an easy one gets let in.

Said this before, but Mitch just needs to play at or a little above how he did the last half of 2015. Thinking passing TDs close to 20, INTs in the single digits, AVG around 230 yds/game. Those stats aren't mind blowing but to me that means 9-10 wins for sure. If he does that, he's going to get a lot of early draft round (1-3) attention.

I'm with you on the negativity. Kind of like being a goalie in hockey. People quickly forget all the great saves when an easy one gets let in.

Said this before, but Mitch just needs to play at or a little above how he did the last half of 2015. Thinking passing TDs close to 20, INTs in the single digits, AVG around 230 yds/game. Those stats aren't mind blowing but to me that means 9-10 wins for sure. If he does that, he's going to get a lot of early draft round (1-3) attention.

Ha! I agree. I said Adam Weber suffered from Adam Hauser syndrome. I remember Hauser getting ripped quite often.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Hauser

Sticking with the Adams...Wilcox too. So good I think the defense would coast in many games. Best goalie I've seen since Stauber.

Yeah that Union College game still hurts. Wilcox was great. Schierhorn has potential, but lest I digress. Again Wilcox was fantastic!

The NFL loves players with good measureables. Assuming Leidner has a decent season, it all comes down to what he does at the Combine. If he runs a decent 40, to go along with his size, his draft stock will be going up heading into the draft.

Interesting discussion RE: ML7 & his NFL prospects. Not sure it has been discussed on here before? Could be good conversation. What does everyone think about his chances in the NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has to tighten up his accuracy and needs receivers who can catch the ball! Decker would make him look much better and Chis Carter would make him all B1G. Even Giselle has pointed out that Tom Brady cannot catch the ball too.

The NFL loves players with good measureables. Assuming Leidner has a decent season, it all comes down to what he does at the Combine. If he runs a decent 40, to go along with his size, his draft stock will be going up heading into the draft.

We'll have to see, but I think he only would need to be decent at the combines if he has a good season. Look no further than Teddy.

Interesting discussion RE: ML7 & his NFL prospects. Not sure it has been discussed on here before? Could be good conversation. What does everyone think about his chances in the NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going really far on a limb here...sarcasm?

Why the chatter about the NFL?
Is not a wiining conference record and wins over rivalry teams what the focus should be?
Or are all of those goals already certain?

Why the chatter about the NFL?
Is not a wiining conference record and wins over rivalty teams what the focus should be?
Or are all of those goals already certain?

Why in the world would it matter what is being chattered about on a message board and what fans are focused on? Who objects to things like that?

Why in the world would it matter what is being chattered about on a message board and what fans are focused on? Who objects to things like that?

What kind of person on a message board complains about what others are complaining about...we could go on and on. It's all nonsense in July.

Top Bottom