Mitch Liedner on #1 goal for this season: "Win a Big Ten Championship"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this Q&A:

DraftSeason: What is your number 1 goal heading into your Senior year as the Gophers starting quarterback?
Mitch Leidner: Win a Big Ten Championship

DraftSeason: If you could wave a magic wand and improve one aspect of your game, which is it?
Mitch Leidner: Footwork. This requires a lot of time and effort to master, so being able to magically have that be perfect would be great.

DraftSeason: Besides having close connections to new OC Joe Johnson, what are you most excited about that he will bring to the Gopher offensive in 2016?
Mitch Leidner: He brings a winning mentality. He never shows signs of doubt or weakness. No matter what the situation is he expects to win. This mentality is passed throughout our offensive unit.

http://www.draftseason.com/2016/07/17/mitch-leidner-interview-minnesota-gopher-quarterback/

Go Gophers!!

bronco.jpg

Mitch has his priorities set perfectly, let's hope his teammates dovetail theirs with his.

How have you not been banned yet?
675db1c721368368edd1a431fe513b0a.jpg

All we have to do is contain J T Barrett, then Mitch, Rodney, Shannon, The O-Line will do the rest.

"Win a Big Ten Championship!"

SHOULD THIS NOT BE EVERY GOPHERS' GOAL EVERY SEASON IN EVERY SPORT?

you read my posts and assume they are frosted with hate?

Slow down...I like your posts, but in regards to Leidner there is definite hate (as a player - you haven't attacked the man, which is cool). Your 'opinion' of our QB is definitely skewed very negative - especially considering he is one of most successful QBs we have had in the last half-century. Yes - if we had an elite QB in 2013/14, we would have done some great things, but we are not going to have an elite QB at Minnesota unless we get extremely lucky. Mitch is likely the 'best-case scenario' for us so I advise that you either join us in reality or find some helmet school to be a fan of.

If Mitch can get the ball there on time to in space to the likes of Tyler Johnson or throws it up to Drew Hiemelewski to go get it that is going to go a long ways to an improved offense. You have to have play makers, and although young and green I feel Johnson and Hiemelewski have athleticism and competitiveness in spades. Look for these two players to have a big impact on the program as Freshman and to help Leidner have some weapons to throw the ball to. It isn't going to just be the two go to guy's if he can get these two new guys involved in the offense and in to the flow the offense quickly things will go better for the whole team. I like Leidners confidence and think he is ready to back up some of the bravado he has had in the past. Confidence is a good thing, I hope Leidner can elevate his game and play as good a game as he talks. Kids got enough talent to be a good QB.

If Mitch can get the ball there on time to in space to the likes of Tyler Johnson or throws it up to Drew Hiemelewski to go get it that is going to go a long ways to an improved offense. You have to have play makers, and although young and green I feel Johnson and Hiemelewski have athleticism and competitiveness in spades. Look for these two players to have a big impact on the program as Freshman and to help Leidner have some weapons to throw the ball to. It isn't going to just be the two go to guy's if he can get these two new guys involved in the offense and in to the flow the offense quickly things will go better for the whole team. I like Leidners confidence and think he is ready to back up some of the bravado he has had in the past. Confidence is a good thing, I hope Leidner can elevate his game and play as good a game as he talks. Kids got enough talent to be a good QB.

This is a pretty big stretch. You are assuming the athleticism of these two will instantly put them above Wolitarsky, Still, Carter, Gentry, and Holland? By all accounts it does sound like we'll be playing more receivers this year just formation wise, but there are a lot of guys at the top of the depth chart right now and I wouldn't say Johnson or Hiemelewski are anywhere near it or will be soon unless there are injuries.

"Win a Big Ten Championship!"

SHOULD THIS NOT BE EVERY GOPHERS' GOAL EVERY SEASON IN EVERY SPORT?

Agree! Granted the team is going through another significant change in the coaching staff, but if one doesn't think there is a chance, why play?

Top Bottom