Preseason prediction: Gophers 5th in B1G West

Iowa will not be near 10-2. The west will come down to the last week with us right in it.
Have you looked at their schedule?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

We play six teams with eithe new staffs (Rutgers, MD, Illinois) or all new coordinators (PSU, Purdue, Oregon St). Rutgers and PSU are switching from prostyle to spread. Purdue is switching to the West Coast offense and Illinois is going from the spread to prostyle. I think Marylands new OC was wide receivers coach at Houston and the year before he was a GA. No way we go 2-4 against that group when we return as many starters as we do even with the coaching change. We wIll run virtually the same offense and only make tweaks to our defense.

We play six teams with eithe new staffs (Rutgers, MD, Illinois) or all new coordinators (PSU, Purdue, Oregon St). Rutgers and PSU are switching from prostyle to spread. Purdue is switching to the West Coast offense and Illinois is going from the spread to prostyle. I think Marylands new OC was wide receivers coach at Houston and the year before he was a GA. No way we go 2-4 against that group when we return as many starters as we do even with the coaching change. <b>We wIll run virtually the same offense </b>and only make tweaks to our defense.

I hope the bolded part is incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's take off the maroon and gold glasses for a moment. We've lost to Wisconsin over 10 years in a row. Iowa was 12-2 last season. Northwestern beat us 27-0. Nebraska thrashed us at home. In the non-conference games we barely beat CSU, Kent St, and Ohio. We lost our head coach mid-season and ended up finishing 6-7 by ekeing out a victory over Central Michigan.

I can't believe what those writers are thinking not picking us to go to the Rose Bowl....

Let's take off the maroon and gold glasses for a moment. We've lost to Wisconsin over 10 years in a row. Iowa was 12-2 last season. Northwestern beat us 27-0. Nebraska thrashed us at home. In the non-conference games we barely beat CSU, Kent St, and Ohio. We lost our head coach mid-season and ended up finishing 6-7 by ekeing out a victory over Central Michigan.

I can't believe what those writers are thinking not picking us to go to the Rose Bowl....

I don't know what you are referencing, but most everyone I've seen are predicting 7-10 wins by the end of November. Unless you are seeing what Spoofy's posting in which case you'll definitely need to adjust your sarcasm setting reading most of his posts.

I believe most the predictions have a big "IF" involving injuries which killed us last year. Hardly polyanna

I don't know what you are referencing, but most everyone I've seen are predicting 7-10 wins by the end of November. Unless you are seeing what Spoofy's posting in which case you'll definitely need to adjust your sarcasm setting reading most of his posts.

I'm referring to the posters that are in utter shock that anyone would predict us to finish 5th in the west. It's not unreasonable to think that Wisky, Iowa, NW, and Nebraska would finish in front of us.

I'll be disappointed if it happens, but it wouldn't be shocking

Top Bottom