Is this the BBQ weekend?

hungan1

Reaction score
Anyone care to elaborate who the attendees are?

I hear about Demetrious Douglas and Joshua Croslen possibly showing up.

I'm waiting for the commitment train to get going.

D-line or bust... nothing else matters in this class.

I agree with you John, but I'd like to see them make quarterback more of priority each year than they seem too. According to the linked article above we have at least offered 9 D-linemen but only one QB.
Having said that we need a handful of defensive line prospects to commit.

I agree with you John, but I'd like to see them make quarterback more of priority each year than they seem too. According to the linked article above we have at least offered 9 D-linemen but only one QB.

Offered a 4 star qb this weekend. Granted he's already committed to A&M, but hey...

D-line or bust... nothing else matters in this class.
You're right I'm hoping they sign 15 defensive lineman this class and if they don't it's an absolute failure. Only thing that matters. Gotta get some depth. Honestly they should tell the guys that previously committed they can't come to the U anymore cause they need to sign more DLineman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, we could play with 2 down linemen...

I've got to believe the promise of nearly guaranteed early playing time will help to secure some commitments.

I'm actually surprised at how hard it has been for them to recruit good Dlineman. We have been a good DLine away from having an elite defense. I think it would be a pretty easy sell, but I guess I don't know what 17-18 year olds are thinking.

OLs are plentiful especially in corn fed country.

DTs are not as numerous. At least good ones. There is more competition for the decent DLs.

Until we start winning games consistently, we'd lose a few of those fine prospects.

IMHO, we'd have a much better shot of keeping the likes of Amir Watts and Tralund Webber had the GOphers upset Michigan and had won five B1G games.

It is a Catch-22. You have to win first in order to attract key players needed to win consistently.

We took 2 QBs last class, so I think we'll hold out for a stud this year or pass.

You're right I'm hoping they sign 15 defensive lineman this class and if they don't it's an absolute failure. Only thing that matters. Gotta get some depth. Honestly they should tell the guys that previously committed they can't come to the U anymore cause they need to sign more DLineman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It was a slight exaggeration

So we got Hawes and Douglas is going to Oregon. Any news on Croslen and Moore?

We only nabbed one commitment? Yeah - what about Croslen and Moore?

Is Coach Claeys not being aggressive going to backfire or prove fruitful? He tells prospects to go home and think about it?

Top Bottom