Gary Trent Jr. to Findlay Prep?

I think they should make the NBA draft rights more like Hockey. Draft them and let them develop in college, prep school or the developmental league. Although I'd prefer college. This would put a lot more emphasis on front offices of the NBA. As for where he goes to school, does it matter if he goes to Findlay as opposed to Oak Hill, DeMatha or Brewster academy? I'm sure they are all free to young Mr. Trent. If he feels that he gets better competition to improve himself he should go. I would think he has accomplished plenty in the MSHL. Seems a little wimpy to go to the top prep school and not go somewhere with a slight decrease in talent where he could elevate the program.

The difference is hockey and baseball players tend to peak much later than basketball players, well into their mid 20's. Elite Basketball players are typically ready to contribute right out of high school. They simply don't need to develop in another league.

He was already a projected first round pick before he went to Findlay. It's more of a "couldn't hurt" move, rather than a move you need to make.

No one said that it was a move he needed to make. During his time at Findlay, his stock went up (according to recruiting services), he went on to college and then was drafted in the 1st Round of the NBA Draft. No one argued that it was his only path to the NBA, but his path certainly worked for him.

No one said that it was a move he needed to make. During his time at Findlay, his stock went up (according to recruiting services), he went on to college and then was drafted in the 1st Round of the NBA Draft. No one argued that it was his only path to the NBA, but his path certainly worked for him.

Gary is currently ranked #10 in his class. By excelling at Findlay against the best players he can get himself positioned higher in the rankings. However, he is already being recruited by all the blue-blood schools. He can only affect his draft status through his college freshman performance.

This is all about improving his game.

He was already a projected first round pick before he went to Findlay. It's more of a "couldn't hurt" move, rather than a move you need to make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is false. He was an early to mid second round pick following his freshman year. Knee issue caused for even more concern. It was only until he impressed teams with tremendous pre-draft workouts that he began generating first round buzz. Milwaukee fell in love with him and he went higher than projected.

That is false. He was an early to mid second round pick following his freshman year. Knee issue caused for even more concern. It was only until he impressed teams with tremendous pre-draft workouts that he began generating first round buzz. Milwaukee fell in love with him and he went higher than projected.
Maybe I was talking about my own projections? He was a top 15 ranked recruit with offers to everywhere including Kentucky. With his athleticism that screams first round. But the real point is nothing at Findlay changed any of that. Most of the opponents Findlay finds to play are complete mismatches. I don't see the great benefit from a basketball perspective.

Top Bottom