Sid: U does Smith wrong

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

U does Smith wrong

A great injustice was done Thursday when University of Minnesota President Eric Kaler fired Pat Smith, who had been the physician for the Gophers football team for 31 years.

Smith said no reason was given to him about why he was fired and he couldn’t understand it. Smith also said football coach Tracy Claeys and athletic director Mark Coyle wanted to keep him.

The president couldn’t be reached for comment and didn’t release a statement.

The new football physician is reported to be Joel Boyd, the former Vikings head physician.

To my knowledge, Smith never had a player who couldn’t return from injury to play after an operation. Kaler made a big mistake because this guy was great for morale and loved by all the football players.

http://www.startribune.com/dozier-twins-find-their-groove/386896211/

Go Gophers!!

Sucks that it happened, but I think Sid overreacting. Me thinks this guy was a source of information for Sid and that's what he's really pissed about. Although Kaler comes off as the type of guy who likes the smell of his own farts so who knows what's going on upstairs with him

Sucks that it happened, but I think Sid overreacting. Me thinks this guy was a source of information for Sid and that's what he's really pissed about. Although Kaler comes off as the type of guy who likes the smell of his own farts so who knows what's going on upstairs with him

Nooooooo (using my best Norwegian accent).

Never heard this phrase before. Well done.

Sorry Sid. Here's Dr. Pat's sports affiliations:

Sports Affiliations
Team Physician/Medical Director: Hamline University Department of Athletics (1994 - present)
Team Physician: University of Minnesota Gopher Football (1985 - present)
Team Physician: University of Minnesota Gopher Wrestling (1985 - present)

Someone found the possible fire through the smoke.

Smith said there was no reason. Can't be the wrestling affiliation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Sid. Here's Dr. Pat's sports affiliations:

Sports Affiliations
Team Physician/Medical Director: Hamline University Department of Athletics (1994 - present)
Team Physician: University of Minnesota Gopher Football (1985 - present)
Team Physician: University of Minnesota Gopher Wrestling (1985 - present)

:clap:

Kaler just trying to satisfy the PC crowd so prevalent in the city.

Smith said there was no reason. Can't be the wrestling affiliation.

I mean he can say there was no reason, but they can't just up and fire him for no reason. Likely they told him he had to leave, and just haven't gotten back to him with the details, and in the mean time he went to the media.

Now, whether the reasons he got fired are valid or not who knows, until we find out more we're really just guessing. Plus, we don't know the validity of the claims that Coyle and Claeys wanted him to stay so....

Kaler just trying to satisfy the PC crowd so prevalent in the city.

What makes you say that? We don't know what Kaler's reasons are for firing him, or whether they are "PC".

Never heard this phrase before. Well done.

2016-06-13_12_16_44.gif

I thought I was the only one....

That second video clip was down right nasty. Who the F does that?

+1 Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy skit when his grandmother says "Baby that's nasty". Audio is NSFW

Google German coach sniffs.

He is Germany's national soccer coach. Smells his ass, balls, picks his nose and eats it. Dude is disgusting.

So bad he has apologized for it publicly in interviews. Dude loves him some him.

Google German coach sniffs.

He is Germany's national soccer coach. Smells his ass, balls, picks his nose and eats it. Dude is disgusting.

So bad he has apologized for it publicly in interviews. Dude loves him some him.

:clap:

Smith said no reason was given to him about why he was fired and he couldn’t understand it. Smith also said football coach Tracy Claeys and athletic director Mark Coyle wanted to keep him.

Two independent thoughts:
  1. I know nothing about this guy or this situation.
  2. I am always very wary when people are fired and claim they have no idea why

Bingo...sometimes people have to make tough decisions. I'm sure there is more to the story.

Why would Kaler have any interest in personally deciding who the Goph sport physician is, especially if the coaches were happy with him? Obviously, he would care less unless he had reasons to be concerned which would only happen if someone brought information to him. If he actually did fire Smith it is because he felt he had no choice. It does not mean he was right. It does not mean Smith did anything wrong. It might mean they felt he did not do something right when he had a chance and that is only a guess.
Its great to be a Minnesota fan, bitch about all of the problems and then bitch when they fire people without knowing the facts.

Yeah there is obviously more to the story then just what Sid has currently. The president of the University doesn't fire a sports physician that has been there for 31 years for no reason. I know Dr. Smith was well liked and respected around the athletic department so Kaler must have had some legitimate reason to fire him, would be shocked to find out that he just did it for no reason whatsoever.

I hate to speculate, but does his firing connected in anyway to the Wrestling team scandal?

I hate to speculate, but does his firing connected in anyway to the Wrestling team scandal?

Ding Ding. Someone just connected the dots.

Top Bottom