Shama: Claeys to Wait on Gopher QB2 Decision; One QB Will Redshirt

I asked if Croft would redshirt as a sophomore after he played last year...I was widely ridiculed.

He might be the number 2, but he is probably at least a 25% chance to redshirt this year.

I asked if Croft would redshirt as a sophomore after he played last year...I was widely ridiculed.

He might be the number 2, but he is probably at least a 25% chance to redshirt this year.

IMO, giving him a RS year this year outweighs the benefits of him getting some playing time/experience this year. So I agree with you. I think it hinges on if the Offense can be effectively ran by Rhoda, and if he is a significant step down from Croft. They did give him a scholly, so maybe that's a sign?

In general, I think the kids we recruit are much better served having a RS year. These guys need time to develop, and it seems like their's always a reason we have to pull one. As others have said, hopefully soon we can get to the point where we aren't pulling RS'S just because we need bodies in the field.

Claeys doesn't have time to red shirt players. He needs to win and will play whomever he believes will = wins. should be fun to watch.

I care 0% who the back up is, as long as he can do the job. 2nd best man at QB will be the back up. Strangely, the coach will make the same decision.

I care 0% who the back up is, as long as he can do the job. 2nd best man at QB will be the back up. Strangely, the coach will make the same decision.

It's still fun to speculate though, isn't it? Not much else to do related to Gopher football until the practices start up!

I am of the opinion that if Rhoda pretty close to where the next best QB is at, that it should just be Rhoda as the 2nd QB. No sense burning a RS if they are going to be equally as productive.

It's still fun to speculate though, isn't it? Not much else to do related to Gopher football until the practices start up!

I am of the opinion that if Rhoda pretty close to where the next best QB is at, that it should just be Rhoda as the 2nd QB. No sense burning a RS if they are going to be equally as productive.

Croft was better than Rhoda last year, as a true freshman. I'm assuming he is still better than Rhoda this year. Play who is better, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom