Flip left off ESPY memorial tribute video

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Quite odd

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's pretty disappointing. I haven't watched yet, but based on some of the people they've included in past years, I'm pretty surprised, especially considering the circumstances of his death. It's not like he was some guy who retired 20 years ago and died very old.

That's pretty disappointing. I haven't watched yet, but based on some of the people they've included in past years, I'm pretty surprised, especially considering the circumstances of his death. It's not like he was some guy who retired 20 years ago and died very old.

Someone on reddit said he was at the ESPY's and that they did show him in the video. So whoever directed the show is the one who screwed up not showing him on tv.

That's very unfortunate. A beloved NBA coach with 600-700 wins should have been on the national broadcast.

Inexcusable.

He's not LeBron.

He's not Bryce Harper.

He's not Cam Newton.

He's not A-Rodge (how the hell did that win Play of the Year over Villanova buzzer-beater and/or Michigan fumbled punt for MSU win?)

He's not Russell Wilson.

He's not SEC football.

He doesn't hit on any of ESPN's political agendas.

He's not a "brand" name.

He's not Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.

He's not flashy.

All he was was an accomplished NBA coach and by all accounts most importantly a wonderful family man. I guess that doesn't make the cut for ESPN, but I'm not surprised.

Inexcusable.

He's not LeBron.

He's not Bryce Harper.

He's not Cam Newton.

He's not A-Rodge (how the hell did that win Play of the Year over Villanova buzzer-beater and/or Michigan fumbled punt for MSU win?)

He's not Russell Wilson.

He's not SEC football.

He doesn't hit any of ESPN's political agendas.

He's not a "brand" name.

He's not Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.

He's not flashy.

All he was was an accomplished NBA coach and by all accounts most importantly a wonderful family man. I guess that doesn't make the cut for ESPN, and I'm not surprised.

I like this version of SS.

Didn't Flip work for ESPN for a hot second? I know it was almost a year ago, but come on

People actually care about the ESPY's?

Yes, a lot. There is a reason why ESPN moved it to ABC, and it was the highest rated show in the most coveted demographic last night. For whatever reason, people love award shows.

Yes, a lot. There is a reason why ESPN moved it to ABC, and it was the highest rated show in the most coveted demographic last night. For whatever reason, people love award shows.

well that there weren't any actual sports on last night. Personally I could careless, not like an athlete sets to win an ESPY as their life goal. I am sure Lebron loos back at his accomplishments and goes **** ya I won a motha ****in ESPY award.Forget about those three titles and counting, I got an ESPY

well that there weren't any actual sports on last night. Personally I could careless, not like an athlete sets to win an ESPY as their life goal. I am sure Lebron loos back at his accomplishments and goes **** ya I won a motha ****in ESPY award.Forget about those three titles and counting, I got an ESPY

If you could care less, that means that you care about the ESPY's in some manner. ;)

If you could care less, that means that you care about the ESPY's in some manner. ;)
I care enough to rip it. It's kinda like making fun of all the adults I know playing pokemon. Anyone else's facebook feed Pokémon and racism?

Someone on reddit said he was at the ESPY's and that they did show him in the video. So whoever directed the show is the one who screwed up not showing him on tv.

They kept cutting back to the singer and leaving the montage.

That's when Flip's image was missed.

Other awards shows never ever leaves the montage. This director should never work another awards show again.

Top Bottom