All Things Daniel Oturu Recruiting Thread UPDATED: OTURU A GOPHER!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oturu had 12 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in a win over the NJ Playaz. We've offered both of their guards Jalen Carey and Al-Amir Dawes.

Oturu had 12 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in a win over the NJ Playaz. We've offered both of their guards Jalen Carey and Al-Amir Dawes.

Unfortunately we are out on Carey. He named his top 10 this past week, and we're not in it.

Regarding Oturu, he is doing very well right now. Top 7 in both rebounds and blocks in the EYBL.

Oturu had 4 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks in a win against Wisconsin Playground Elite. He played against 7-3 big man Adam Trapp from Esko, MN. Trapp had 2 points and I don't think he gets very many minutes for them.

Oturu had 21, 12 and 3 today in a win against Houston Hoops.

He's now averaging 12.2 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.4 blocks through 12 games.

You can really see the difference from just four months ago, quicker, stronger, I'm guessing he's going to move up to the 40-50 range in the ranking.

High praise from Dame who doesn't throw complements like this around lightly. Great to see.

Oturu

Oturu is improving by leaps and bounds.

http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/793604?referrer_id=790853

ATL STATS: 15.0 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 3.3 BPG, 1.5 APG

While floor general Tre Jones has been running away with all the accolades thus far, Oturu’s significant impact in Pulley owning the best record in the EYBL cannot be overstated. The future Golden Gopher shrugged off a cold-shooting opening matchup to average a strong double-double the rest of the way, helping to cement the interior defense in the process and make Pulley a truly balanced powerhouse. Arguably the most consistent interior defender on the circuit, Oturu’s offensive game is not far behind and he makes his team better when he doesn’t even see the scoring column.

Oturo is 7th in EYBL play averaging 10.5 rebounds per game. He is 5th in blocks in EYBL play averaging 2.4 blocks per game.

This is in addition to 12.2 points per game.

One thing that makes his rebounding even more impressive is teammates Tywhon Pickford (7.5 RPG in 4 games) and Jarvis Thomas (6.3 RPB) are both in the top 50 in the league in rebounding. This is added to Tre Jones averaging a lofty 5.3 RPG as a point guard.

In our Q&A with junior big man

Gopher Hole: The Gophers have a commitment from a 2018 big man Daniel Oturu. You played against him earlier this spring. What were your impressions of him?

Brady Heiman: Super athletic. Super good kid. I think that we lost by eight to their team. We were winning at halftime, I think. Give us another shot at them and we could pull one out.

Gopher Hole: Is that a guy that if you were to come to Minnesota that you could see yourself playing alongside of?

Brady Heiman: Oh, yeah. Definitely. A little inside-out game.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/794119?referrer_id=

Go Gophers!!

Daniel and Marvin Bagley, the composite #1 player in the country guarded each other in their latest game and Oturu had 22 and 10, Bagley had 36 and 11.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 40. He is one of only a handful of guys to average a double-double in the EYBL and he is also in the top ten in blocks per game. He had a really nice regular season showing in the EYBL. Now lets hope Tre is ready to go for the Peach Jam and they should compete for a title.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Marcus Q&A with Gabe:

Q: How much do you think Oturu has improved from last summer?
A: I think he has a chip on his shoulder to be one of the most dominant big men in the EYBL. Playing at the high level he’s playing at now, he will have a lot of momentum going into the Peach Jam. He does try to keep convincing me to come to the Gophers (Kalscheur laughs).

http://www.startribune.com/delasall...471193/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

per Marcus:

If Thomas is like Murphy, then Gophers 2018 commit Daniel Oturu is like current Gophers center Reggie Lynch. Thomas and Oturu play together in the frontcourt for Howard Pulley.

“Daniel is a good kid; he’s a fun guy,” Thomas said. “Me and him play really well together I think, if not one of the best combinations for a frontcourt in the EYBL.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...664083/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

You can tell he's been putting in a lot of time on his low block footwork offensively - looks a lot more in control, and against high level competition. Kid is obviously a worker.

In our Q&A with Tre Jones:

Gopher Hole: I know that Daniel Oturu said that he is working on some guys on the team. What is he saying to you about Minnesota?

Tre Jones: He is telling me that he wants me to come play with him there. He has committed already and we all see that Minnesota is moving in the right direction, for sure. He sees how much success we are having out here across the entire country and he thinks that we can do that at the college level right away, so he is trying to get me on board with that.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/806404?referrer_id=

Gotta like Tre' approach. I may be stupid, but I think there's a chance he stays. If nothing else, I think he is motivated to be the anti-Gary Trent. If you look at Tyus, what long-term benefit did he get at Duke? What if he's traded from here? Tre' is a 3 yr college player, or should be.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gotta like Tre' approach. I may be stupid, but I think there's a chance he stays. If nothing else, I think he is motivated to be the anti-Gary Trent. If you look at Tyus, what long-term benefit did he get at Duke? What if he's traded from here? Tre' is a 3 yr college player, or should be.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd say the Gophers at least have an outside chance, but the allure of Duke, AZ and UCLA is huge. Tyus received national exposure on the biggest stage. And Duke will always have that. It may not be long-term or even a benefit maybe, but many more people know who he is because he went to Duke. Tre seems to be every bit as good as Tyus, so I'm not sure he's a 3yr guy.

Top Bottom