All Things Daniel Oturu Recruiting Thread UPDATED: OTURU A GOPHER!

List the top 50 players in the league. I bet 45+ grew up playing AAU.

Of the top 15 kids in this years draft, 13 will have played AAU. Until Euros make up more than 15% of the league, you're wrong.
Euro's are kicking @$$ and taking names. Look at the number of Euro's in the league and numbers playing the game in Europe, then look at that ratio in the US.
The US is producing inferior basketball players and it's because of AAU where kids play street ball and never practice the fundamental skills of the game. We have kids with low basketball IQ playing the game. It's sad. And it's the AAU that is to blame.

Euro's are kicking @$$ and taking names. Look at the number of Euro's in the league and numbers playing the game in Europe, then look at that ratio in the US.
The US is producing inferior basketball players and it's because of AAU where kids play street ball and never practice the fundamental skills of the game. We have kids with low basketball IQ playing the game. It's sad. And it's the AAU that is to blame.
Yeah, look at all the Euro superstars in the league right now. Oh wait, there are none. Dirk is really the only one in NBA history as well.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

There are certainly many more American players in the NBA than Euro's and America produces by far more talent than any other country in the world, the Americans are more gifted, but the Euro's in the league are usually more fundamentally sound and are more team oriented as well. Just look at when the U.S. played Serbia last year, or France or Spain for that matter. It's not hard to see that it is a completely different style of play if you watch FIBA or Euroleague basketball.

So many European players were NBA All-Stars this year. Oh, wait...

So what do "euros" do that is so different? Can you source this extensive fundamental work that you allege aau isn't giving us players?

This thread is for updates on Oturu. If you want to discuss the impact of AAU on the NBA game, please start a new thread. Posts not on Oturu will be deleted.

Will Oturu be playing AAU with Tre Jones and Howard Pulley this summer?

Oturu is a phenom rebounder averaging 17 a game on the year. Reuvers at 12. The only other 5A player averaging double figures in rebounds is Tre Jones. FYI Theo John 8.7.

Will Oturu be playing AAU with Tre Jones and Howard Pulley this summer?

Hopefully he can sweet talk Tre and hopefully Tyus is still with the Wolves. We get Oturu, Tre and then Suggs...

Dreams

WCCO: Cretin’s Daniel Oturu Has His Sights Set On The Gophers

It is why Gopher Head Coach Richard Pitino was courtside for his state tournament appearance; because his game will stay in Minnesota, and that future excites him.

“I feel like I’m at home there, and I just feel like I wanted to change the program and help build offensive success they’ve been having this year,” he said.

Oturu has learned to make this his personal playground. When he’s in a gymnasium, he’s free to achieve, to make plays and to develop.

“I can be myself, I can play freely, just have fun,” he said.

And so Oturu will focus next year on a goal he has not reached — leading his team to a state title. In the process, he will keep growing to a new level in basketball and beyond.

“He’s learned how to become a leader by practicing hard every day, by getting better in the classroom,” Kline said. “He’s learning that it’s got to happen by doing it, not just by verbal, and a lot by actions.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/03/24/daniel-oturu/

Go Gophers!!

Who else is on the pulley team this summer? Sounds like it could be a monster!

So far I have seen Tre Jones, Gabe Kalscheur, Jarvis Thomas, Daniel Oturu and Oturu's high school teammate Ryan Larson.

Oturu is a phenom rebounder averaging 17 a game on the year. Reuvers at 12. The only other 5A player averaging double figures in rebounds is Tre Jones. FYI Theo John 8.7.

I don't live in Minnesota and as such I haven't heard Reuvers name said. Could someone please spell out Reuvers the way it sounds phonetically? Is it Ree-Vers, or Ruu-vers, or Ruu-ers or something else?

I don't live in Minnesota and as such I haven't heard Reuvers name said. Could someone please spell out Reuvers the way it sounds phonetically? Is it Ree-Vers, or Ruu-vers, or Ruu-ers or something else?
Ree-vers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WCCO: Cretin’s Daniel Oturu Has His Sights Set On The Gophers

It is why Gopher Head Coach Richard Pitino was courtside for his state tournament appearance; because his game will stay in Minnesota, and that future excites him.

“I feel like I’m at home there, and I just feel like I wanted to change the program and help build offensive success they’ve been having this year,” he said.

Oturu has learned to make this his personal playground. When he’s in a gymnasium, he’s free to achieve, to make plays and to develop.

“I can be myself, I can play freely, just have fun,” he said.

And so Oturu will focus next year on a goal he has not reached — leading his team to a state title. In the process, he will keep growing to a new level in basketball and beyond.

“He’s learned how to become a leader by practicing hard every day, by getting better in the classroom,” Kline said. “He’s learning that it’s got to happen by doing it, not just by verbal, and a lot by actions.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/03/24/daniel-oturu/

Go Gophers!!

Looking forward to next season but this kid gets me excited about subsequent years. Has the potential to be an impact player in year 1 like several other recent freshman that have joined the team.

Looking at Oturu's stats this year, he finished with the 6th most blocks in a single season and 4th most rebounds in a single season all-time. For his career he is on pace for the 2nd most blocks (Przybilla has the record) and 3rd most rebounds (most by a 4A player) all-time.

Looking at Oturu's stats this year, he finished with the 6th most blocks in a single season and 4th most rebounds in a single season all-time. For his career he is on pace for the 2nd most blocks (Przybilla has the record) and 3rd most rebounds (most by a 4A player) all-time.

Thanks for pulling these numbers. Impressive, potential to put on the gopher uniform and be a major contribution in year one.

per Marcus: Gophers commit Daniel Oturu and other targets start AAU league play Friday

Oturu, a Gophers recruit in the 2018 class, starts his Nike EYBL season off with Howard Pulley 8 p.m. Friday against City Rocks (N.Y.) in Hampton, Va. The Panthers play two games Saturday against California Supreme and Mac Irvin Fire (Ill.).

Gophers coach Richard Pitino and assistants Ben Johnson and Kimani Young will be watching Oturu and his Pulley teammates in Hampton to start the open recruiting period. Apple Valley guard Tre Jones and DeLaSalle guard Gabe Kalscheur, who were offered scholarships by Minnesota, were both also with Pulley last season. Orono’s Jarvis Thomas joined Pulley this year and has interest from Minnesota.

A year ago, Oturu played in the EYBL for the first time. That experience helped boost his confidence going into his junior season. The 6-foot-9, 220-pound Oturu averaged 18.6 points, 14.6 rebounds and 5.8 blocks to earn All-Metro second team honors.

“At the end of last year and playing on the circuit in the EYBL against the top players in the country just really help my game,” he said. "Knowing that if I can do these kinds of things against those players I can for sure come back to Minnesota and do it.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...rgets-start-aau-league-play-friday/420101113/

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Oturu had 13 points and 9 rebounds in a win against Cali Supreme. Went up against two good prospects in Bol Bol and Shareef O'Neal.

Another double-double for Oturu this morning. 16 points and 14 rebounds.

per Marcus:

"It's good to see he'll be here through my time," said Oturu, who was checking out construction on the University of Minnesota's new Athletes Village facility Wednesday.

Oturu, a 6-foot-10 junior, committed to the Gophers in January before Pitino was named Big Ten coach of the year and the team reached the first NCAA tournament since 2013. Oturu plans to use the new practice facility to help convince other Minnesota players to join him at the U.

"Yeah, it's real nice," Oturu said. "It'll (be) brand new our freshman year, so the facilities should be the best."

Playing on the Nike EYBL circuit through two sessions this spring, Oturu is averaging 10.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.0 blocks for the 7-1 Howard Pulley Panthers. He hopes the hot start will help Pulley, with teammates and Gopher targets Tre Jones and Gabe Kalscheur, eventually reach their goal of playing for the Peach Jam championship in July.

Oturu's goals were clear going into the AAU season this year.

"Just trying to transcend my game to the next level and get a lot better," he said. "Just being able to work on doing more things on the court. And helping my team get back to (the Peach Jam) and winning more games."

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...-impression-on-commit-daniel-oturu/421246983/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom