All Things Daniel Oturu Recruiting Thread UPDATED: OTURU A GOPHER!

I like Oturu, but he got owned by Reuvers last night.

Empty words. He has the ability to do that if it was that important to him.

Let him enjoy the recruiting process. I like our chances for him, we have a big need in the middle after Lynch and Konate graduate, he can step right in

Let him enjoy the recruiting process. I like our chances for him, we have a big need in the middle after Lynch and Konate graduate, he can step right in

Does he play bigger than his size? I see him listed at 6'8. Race Thompson is listed as the same. Are we planning on playing 6'8 big guys moving forward? We're not heavily recruiting anyone taller than that.

Does he play bigger than his size? I see him listed at 6'8. Race Thompson is listed as the same. Are we planning on playing 6'8 big guys moving forward? We're not heavily recruiting anyone taller than that.

Oturu is more like 6'9/10.

I would like to see us recruit a legit center though for the 2018 class though. Oturu can play the 4/5.

We lose Reggie and Bakary going into the 2018/19 season. That would leave us with Curry as the only guy who could play the 5. Hopefully we can add Oturu, but that would still leave us a little undersized at the 5.

There's also Moses Brown from New York who is listed at 7'0" and Adam Trapp, whom we haven't offered yet.

There's also Moses Brown from New York who is listed at 7'0" and Adam Trapp, whom we haven't offered yet.

I know we're in on Brown but he's a top 20 recruit and the top Center prospect in the nation. Anything is possible but I'm thinking our chances are slim for him. Didn't mean to take this thread off course and if Oturu is actually closer to 6'10 I'm totally on board with him being our big man of the future.

Oturu is more of a 4 than a 5 and there's no way he's 6'10. I'd say 6'8, maybe 6'9.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

That was Texas basketball coach Shaka Smart in town Thursday watching 6-9 Cristo Rey Jesuit senior Jericho Sims, who has committed to the Longhorns, and 6-10 Cretin-Derham Hall junior Daniel Oturu, who has received offers from Kansas and Minnesota, among a dozen others. Oturu has a 7-2 wingspan and is growing.

Oturu’s father is 5-5, his mother 6-3.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/2...pold-enjoying-the-ride-with-high-flying-wild/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

That was Texas basketball coach Shaka Smart in town Thursday watching 6-9 Cristo Rey Jesuit senior Jericho Sims, who has committed to the Longhorns, and 6-10 Cretin-Derham Hall junior Daniel Oturu, who has received offers from Kansas and Minnesota, among a dozen others. Oturu has a 7-2 wingspan and is growing.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/2...pold-enjoying-the-ride-with-high-flying-wild/

Go Gophers!!

What?!? His dad is only 5-5? And his mom is 6-3? Wow!

per Shooter:

Go Gophers!!

I KNEW that was Shaka at the Vu Thursday!

Go Gophers!!

Oturu is averaging 17 points, 18.6 rebounds, and 5.4 blocks per game.

Had 25 rebounds against Apple Valley.

giphy.gif

Oturu announcing his college decision on Friday.

Was wondering the same thing... Anyone have any idea how we're positioned with him?

If we get him its a huge commitment. If we don't, we don't want a kid who is so selfish to grab 18 rebounds per game.

Seriously though, odd that a kid as highly regarded as him is committing this early. I'll assume he's not coming here so if he is I can be even more happy.

Given his most recent twitter follow is the official KU Athletics account and 3 of his most recent 20 or so follows are KU related, I know which way I'm thinking he goes...

Damian chimes in:

Go Gophers!!

Given his most recent twitter follow is the official KU Athletics account and 3 of his most recent 20 or so follows are KU related, I know which way I'm thinking he goes...

Saw this as well. Crap don't feel very good about this.

Have seen him play twice and wasn't overly impressed either time. I mean, he's four inches taller than most everyone else on the court so of course he pulls in a lot of boards. The main thing I noticed both times was that I didn't really notice him. Cretin uses him in some interesting ways...sometimes he plays at the top of a 1-2-2 halfcourt trap on defense, and offensively he often gets the ball in the high post and looks to distribute to three point shooters or wings making backdoor cuts. Not really a scorer.

Based on what I have seen I'm pretty surprised that he has a Kansas offer. He's only a junior so obviously there is time for improvement, but I won't consider it much of a loss if we don't get him. The 247 crystal ball unanimously has him picking Kansas, including the guy who is a Minnesota insider, but who knows how plugged in those guys actually are.

Top Bottom