STrib: J Robinson told police he'd 'taken care of' Gophers drug problem

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

University of Minnesota wrestling coach J Robinson told police investigators in April that he had “fully taken care of” his team’s drug problem and refused to turn over the names of student-athletes involved and documents in his possession, according to a search warrant affidavit obtained Tuesday by the Star Tribune.

Robinson was placed on paid administrative leave June 1, under investigation by both school administration and university police for his alleged knowledge and self-policing of several wrestlers’ use and sale of the prescription sedative Xanax this past winter.

Robinson’s attorney, Ryan Kaess, said Tuesday the coach was trying to help his team members when he rebuked police requests. Kaess also downplayed the dealing of Xanax, calling those sales “ticky-tack violations.”

“He said [to police], ‘Listen, I’m not going to work with you,’ ” Kaess said. “ ‘Why are you ostensibly coming after these kids? We need to help them — not hang a felony around their necks.’ ”

http://www.startribune.com/j-robins...hers-drug-problem-affidavit-states/384767541/

Go Gophers!!

To quote White Sox announcer Hawk Harrelson,

"He gone."

Can't envision any scenario J survives this. Too bad it's going to end this way, he's accomplished a heck of a lot during his time at the U.

Some may say the kids should be held accountable but I agree with what Robinson did. Not every time someone does something bad to they need felony charges even though this was serious. I believe J Robinson is a man of integrity and it sucks that it's gonna end this way.

Some may say the kids should be held accountable but I agree with what Robinson did. Not every time someone does something bad to they need felony charges even though this was serious. I believe J Robinson is a man of integrity and it sucks that it's gonna end this way.

Original story said there were about 2,500 pills. No idea what the street price is, but even at 3 bucks a pill they had $7,500 worth of stuff. Lots of people in jail for having or dealing a lot less. Not saying that's where they belong, but J Robinson sure as hell shouldn't determine the course of a felony investigation. He needs to be gone since he thinks he should determine what happens because they're his wrestlers, and that puts him totally in control. BS. If this was a football or basketball team at another BIG school the indignation here would be over the top. Only because it's wrestling, is the reason this isn't making us even more of laughing stock nationally. He's a man of integrity when he gets to set the rules.

Completely agree with you

2500 pills floating and dissolving in the Mississippi? Hard to fathom! He he!

It's a matter of State vs City. Any University employee is a State employee. If the City of Minneapolis, or Hennepin County, has a problem with how this was handled, then they are not at the appropriate jurisdictional level to demand anything. That is where all this outrage is misplaced. The city nor the county is a more predominant jurisdiction than the State.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Original story said there were about 2,500 pills. No idea what the street price is, but even at 3 bucks a pill they had $7,500 worth of stuff. Lots of people in jail for having or dealing a lot less. Not saying that's where they belong, but J Robinson sure as hell shouldn't determine the course of a felony investigation. He needs to be gone since he thinks he should determine what happens because they're his wrestlers, and that puts him totally in control. BS. If this was a football or basketball team at another BIG school the indignation here would be over the top. Only because it's wrestling, is the reason this isn't making us even more of laughing stock nationally. He's a man of integrity when he gets to set the rules.

It's only drugs we're talking about here. What's the big deal :confused:

It's only drugs we're talking about here. What's the big deal :confused:
There's something there, but making it a witch hunt by having media members stalk the coach and continuously raking the muck only makes him a more sympathetic character in the drama and potentially diverts attention from other suspicious characters. It does little towards getting at what really went on with this "enterprise" and how it operated.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom