Who will be the first 2017 commit for the Gophers?

• McKinley Wright

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Theo John

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Gary Trent

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Gary Trent's Hot-Tub Buddy to Start the Package Deal

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Isaiah Washington

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Jericho Sims

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Terrence Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goanar Mar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

My gut is telling me Sims. Legacy recruit, seems like the type of player Pitino covets. I think Wright will be second. I'd be surprised to get Washington. He would be great, a top 75 out of state recruit coming off a 2 win conference campaign, but I get the impression he's waiting for a bigger fish. What would be interesting is if we are willing to sign three in the fall

i picked sims. would love to see him get the ball rolling on the 2017 class.

Disregard* was painting with broad strokes, would be extremely happy go get either Isaiah or McKinley. Both would be excellent additions.

I think this sounds right. Sims and Wright would make for 2 strong consecutive classes. Washington's game is nice but at times seems disinterested. Sadly this seems to be the pattern with young players - no one wants to give offense / look stupid by playing with a lot of heart and passion. Wright has more intensity / competitiveness. IMO.

You've seen Washington play?

I'm hoping for John or Sims with John my favorite of the two.

Hoping for one of the in-state guys.

Is it normal to be July 6th and not have a recruit signed for next year?

Yes. Michael Hurt committed very early, Kevin Dorsey committed I think in June 2014, but at least for us, we seem to get most of our commits in September or later. It would be nice to have a commit obviously, but the fact that we don't is nothing to be concerned about

Playing for little Ricky, at a 1930's venue, for an awful team, sounds like so much fun. It will be December before the 1st commitment. Of course, I hope I am wrong on so many, many levels.

Playing for little Ricky, at a 1930's venue, for an awful team, sounds like so much fun. It will be December before the 1st commitment. Of course, I hope I am wrong on so many, many levels.

What is the opposite of POLLYANNA? Dean S?

You're, I'll bet you a stake dinner at Manny's we have two recruits signed in the fall signing period

[emoji41]

Going with Wright on the 15th.

I think Washington commits this weekend with Wright's announcement date looming. I just feel he doesn't want to be standing when the music stops, and it feels like we're his best offer at this point.

Yes, Washington and John are on officials this weekend.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know that, was Washington's SCHEDULED, like the act of setting it up, this week?

What I'm getting at, is he hastily coming to campus before Wrights decision? Or was this set up a while ago?

I know that, was Washington's SCHEDULED, like the act of setting it up, this week? What I'm getting at, is he hastily coming to campus before Wrights decision? Or was this set up a while ago?

I think the visit was just finalized very recently. Read into that what you will. One likely reason is he was waiting for a Syracuse offer that would've likely ended the recruitment instantly, but that offer hasn't come.

I predicted Isaiah Washington months ago, and somehow I was right. I'll admit that if you asked me a week ago, I would have said McKinely Wright was more of a sure thing.

Top Bottom