Tracy Claeys (NOT) on Sports Huddle 6-26-16

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Gopher FB Coach Tracy Claeys did not appear on the Sports Huddle with Sid and Dave on Sunday.

Strength and conditioning coach Eric Klein appeared in place of Claeys for a short segment.

Dave: new OL commit - you get 1st look - how do you assess?
EK: Start with general movement- control. height, weight, body fat %. use that to build program. they learn our language - what we're saying when we coach lifting.

Sid: who does best job on various weightlifting categories?
EK: Linemen usually lift the most. DL - Stelter, Richardson, Jackson all big squatters - in 600's. LB/TE real strong in power clean - Wozniak 370 power clean. each position has strengths. have WR's that are hang cleaning (?) 350. (not sure if I heard that correctly. anybody speak weight lifting?)

Dave: different expectations for OL. changes in conditioning?
EK: building a mentality. stay down in trenches - never quit. learn how to face adversity - with a heavy weight in your hands. build confidence. get stronger. get OL together and build cohesion. trust the guy next to you.

Dave: how do you prevent players being out of gas by 4th Qtr?
EK: all of our lifts designed to be just as explosive at end of 1-hour workout. goes into what we do on field with conditioning.

After Dave Mona asked all the questions, Sid cut interview off and awarded Murray's certificate. (note - they did not say why Claeys was unavailable.)

At the beginning of the program they had a long session with Eric Kaler where they talked about a variety of topics including the contracts the Big Ten has and its impact on Minnesota. It is worth a listen. I will post the podcast when it becomes available.

Claeys is excused for missing a very important Sports Huddle SHow if he is down South recruiting and trying to assess/comvince BJ Autry his future is bright in Maroon & Gold.

Claeys is excused for missing a very important Sports Huddle SHow if he is down South recruiting and trying to assess/comvince BJ Autry his future is bright in Maroon & Gold.

Maybe he is visiting with Autry's mother who wants him to go to a school closer to home. Autry has closed off all communication until Monday when he will announce his decision. There are some reasons to believe it could be Minnesota but we should know on Monday if that is correct.

At the beginning of the program they had a long session with Eric Kaler where they talked about a variety of topics including the contracts the Big Ten has and its impact on Minnesota. It is worth a listen. I will post the podcast when it becomes available.

I listened to the Kaler segment. Talked about the hiring of Coyle as AD (gave a lot of credit to the search firm.) Talked about the success of a lot of the non-revenue sports - said the U "won 6 conference titles" this year, 3rd-best in the B1G. Said he expects a good year from the FB program.

Probably most news-worthy - said he has talked to Richard Pitino about the men's basketball program. Said he thinks Pitino can be a successful coach - but when asked about the off-court issues, Kaler said (quoting) "I think that message has been sent and received."

Also said fund-raising on the facilities project has picked up since new AD was hired, and "We will meet our goal."

Thanks SON. Woz is a strong guy for being so tall. I really hope he becomes a receiving threat.

No Claeys, No DL65. Thank goodness for S O N? Thank you S O N!

Maybe he is visiting with Autry's mother who wants him to go to a school closer to home. Autry has closed off all communication until Monday when he will announce his decision. There are some reasons to believe it could be Minnesota but we should know on Monday if that is correct.

Any word?

There is lifting, but no questions about Anaerobic training? 10 yard times? Quick twitch and explosion? Come on Dave do your homework before you have the Strength and Conditioning coach on the air.

The U requested his official records from Baylor today. From now on you need to ask Spoofing. That who I go for insight. :rolleyes:

Does this sound like he wants to play for the Gophers pending an admissions hurdle? Anyone know the story?

Does this sound like he wants to play for the Gophers pending an admissions hurdle? Anyone know the story?

The answer is yes. He just needs to be cleared. The real question can he plsy this year or does he need to sit out a year.

Hmmm. I hadn't even posted in this thread and I see I am mentioned. Feels good to be loved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom