Andrew White leaving Nebraska

Not enough PT. clearly wasn't the case in Lincoln.

will be going to his third team in 5 years. reports say he hasn't talked to Miles in over a month. He notified the AD of his transfer and not his coach. a bit of a strange situation after testing the pro situation.

will be going to his third team in 5 years. reports say he hasn't talked to Miles in over a month. He notified the AD of his transfer and not his coach. a bit of a strange situation after testing the pro situation.

Wonder if husker fans are sayin miles has lost the team. Lord knows the assumptions gopher faithful would make if this story was colored maroon and gold.

Wonder if husker fans are sayin miles has lost the team. Lord knows the assumptions gopher faithful would make if this story was colored maroon and gold.

Many are upset with Miles, wondering if it is time for him to go. Cant keep assistant coaches or players is what many are discussing.

Many are upset with Miles, wondering if it is time for him to go. Cant keep assistant coaches or players is what many are discussing.

Not talking to your coach seems to indicate a lack of respect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a team player.

I want more playing time, I'm leaving.

I want a bigger stage, I'm leaving.

I can't make the team better, so I'll go to a better team.

Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya.

College basketball related. B1G related.

Agree, not going to be a Gopher, but a good team is going to be getting a really nice, unexpected summer surprise.

Also "Gopher related" because it illustrates how damn hard it is to make headway. Izzo loses a player unexpectedly and seems to replace him without too much of a hiccup. For teams like Minnesota and Nebraska it means a setback. Both Miles and Pitino had initial seasons where you might think, "Damn, we're building something." Then crap happens and you're trying to get out of a hole and seemingly sliding back down with each step up. So little margin for error. Take risks recruiting. Settle for second and third level players. Fans are more restless. Top recruits don't even consider you generally. ESPN ignores you. You're competing against some great coaches no matter how much we dislike some of them.

I'm generalizing of course, but it's a hell of a job. How much Miles and Pitino had problems because they made mistakes of inexperience, who knows. Some in Pitino's case for sure. I know I would have been happy with Miles.

Also "Gopher related" because it illustrates how damn hard it is to make headway. Izzo loses a player unexpectedly and seems to replace him without too much of a hiccup. For teams like Minnesota and Nebraska it means a setback. Both Miles and Pitino had initial seasons where you might think, "Damn, we're building something." Then crap happens and you're trying to get out of a hole and seemingly sliding back down with each step up. So little margin for error. Take risks recruiting. Settle for second and third level players. Fans are more restless. Top recruits don't even consider you generally. ESPN ignores you. You're competing against some great coaches no matter how much we dislike some of them.

I'm generalizing of course, but it's a hell of a job. How much Miles and Pitino had problems because they made mistakes of inexperience, who knows. Some in Pitino's case for sure. I know I would have been happy with Miles.

Good read. If I were coach at a program like Minnesota or Nebraska, this would lead me to never redshirt a kid. Why redshirt if there's a chance they could become really good (Ethan Happ for example) and then leave you for greener pastures after 4 years with a year of eligibility remaining? Might as well get what you can out of them because there's no guarantee they'll stick around.

Good read. If I were coach at a program like Minnesota or Nebraska, this would lead me to never redshirt a kid. Why redshirt if there's a chance they could become really good (Ethan Happ for example) and then leave you for greener pastures after 4 years with a year of eligibility remaining? Might as well get what you can out of them because there's no guarantee they'll stick around.

that's a really interesting point that i haven't thought of. i tend to agree.

certainly miles' perfect persona around these parts is taking a hit, and not surprisingly, the kfan and mn media slobber fest has also died off.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

White to visit Michigan State

Wow. In conference senior transfer would not have been on my radar. I'm no Bo being a jerk about transferring, but staying out of the conference as senior no sit out transfer seems reasonable to me. Surprises me ands seems in bad odor for both White and State. Timmy might be really ticked.

Agree.

I think Miles and Izzo are pretty good buds. Something like this could change that, even if White made first contact with MSU, and not vice versa.

If this happens if I were Miles I would send in walk on to take out White's knees.

Creates a strong argument for not allowing transfers from one Big Ten school to another for any reason.

I don't think it should be for any reason

Creates a strong argument for not allowing transfers from one Big Ten school to another for any reason.

But playing your last year for another team in the same conference, just because you want to win, should definitely be against the rules. No problem for me if a guy has demonstrated he can play and wants to showcase his talents his senior year at a Top 25 basketball school....just not in the same conference.

Regarding Pitino versus Miles. Just talking game day coach, Pitino is head and shoulders better than Miles.

So far the numbers don't bear that out. 3-1 record for Miles in 4 meetings.

Meh, the home team has won every contest. Don't think that's the case if Gassner hadn't stepped on Dre's ankle the game before. We kicked his ass at the Barn, they kicked our ass last year. Two years ago, both teams probably played the ugliest game of basketball I've ever watched at Lincoln.

But playing your last year for another team in the same conference, just because you want to win, should definitely be against the rules. No problem for me if a guy has demonstrated he can play and wants to showcase his talents his senior year at a Top 25 basketball school....just not in the same conference.

I am sure he is going to Michigan State strictly based on them being one of the few to have a grad program in his chosen field. The poor kid's choices were limited from the start just by the NCAA having that restriction on grad transfers

Top Bottom