Donnell Greene Commits

mkAz

Reaction score
I think he deserves his own thread. Immediate OL depth. Welcome aboard!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a big unit. We definitely need some OL depth.

With Jerry gone I was worried about recruiting, I'm still worried but it is nice to see that we've been able to patch things here and there this year.

This is a big signing both figuratively and literally! Welcome Donnell to Gold Country!

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

Congrats to Donnell & Welcome! Coach Miller will mold you into a real player.

Former Coffeyville (Juco) OL Donnell Greene recentlytook a visit to Minnesota juse over a weekago and decided shortly thereafter that he would be a Golden Gopher,opting to enroll in school cone August.
Gobie may want to check before posting.

Tweet him and let him know. I'm sure he would appreciate it. I mean it was impossible to know what he was saying with those typos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronco.jpg

Good news: Nice addition for the Gophers. Bad news: The training table just took a major hit.

Does anyone know what the situation was with SDSU? I can't find anything on a release from his LOI.

On Feb 3 SDSU announced his signing as part of a 24 signee class, on the 4th they sign two more for 26 signees, on the 9th an article says they have 24 signees. They same writer wrote all three stories. I assuming something got messed up but I don't have a clue about what happened. I'm glad we have him it's just some things don't quite add up. I'm assuming a papework error but have nothing to base it on.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Joe:

The Gophers continued to add immediate depth Saturday, when they landed a commitment from junior college offensive lineman Donnell Greene.

The 6-7, 345-pound Greene, who hails from Marietta, Ga., will transfer to Minnesota from Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He'll start classes at Minnesota in August and will be eligible to play this fall with three years of eligibility remaining.

Greene also had reported offers from Missouri and San Diego State. He's the third junior college offensive lineman to transfer to Minnesota for the Class of 2016, joining Vincent Calhoun (Southwest Mississippi CC) and Garrison Wright (Butler CC).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-add-donnell-greene-another-juco-offensive-lineman/384400541/

Go Gophers!!

Does anyone know, can Donnell work out with rest of the team even though he is not enrolled yet? He probably could use help in the weight room.

per Joe:

The Gophers continued to add immediate depth Saturday, when they landed a commitment from junior college offensive lineman Donnell Greene.

The 6-7, 345-pound Greene, who hails from Marietta, Ga., will transfer to Minnesota from Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He'll start classes at Minnesota in August and will be eligible to play this fall with three years of eligibility remaining.

Greene also had reported offers from Missouri and San Diego State. He's the third junior college offensive lineman to transfer to Minnesota for the Class of 2016, joining Vincent Calhoun (Southwest Mississippi CC) and Garrison Wright (Butler CC).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-add-donnell-greene-another-juco-offensive-lineman/384400541/

Go Gophers!!

What a huge bonus that he has three years of eligibility remaining.

Does anyone know, can Donnell work out with rest of the team even though he is not enrolled yet? He probably could use help in the weight room.

No, he's still taking classes at Coffeyville.

jonnyganas is breathing a sigh of relief hopefully.
Yes, it's nice to see an official announcement. It's hard to filter fact/fiction on this board.

That said, great addition to the OL. Coach Miller is already showing his value with his recruiting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There are many reasons that a student athlete takes the JCO path and very few of them are good.
If taking on JCO after JCO is a certain path to success and not a sign of recruiting failures why isn't the five year conference record stellar instead of miserable?

Yes, it's nice to see an official announcement. It's hard to filter fact/fiction on this board.

That said, great addition to the OL. Coach Miller is already showing his value with his recruiting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah I get where you are coming from.

Top Bottom