2016 Draft Thread

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Draft tonight, lots of college players moving on to the next level. Figured I'd start a thread so we can comment as the draft progresses.

ESPN is reporting, the Philadelphia 76ers have traded the number one overall pick to the Timberwolves for the number five pick, straight up.

There are other guys I like better but Hield certainly has the most name recognition out of anyone for the casual fan to get excited about.

As of right now Minnesota has just one player in the NBA in Kris Humphries. Kris will probably get at least one more year in the league, but this program needs to put another player in the league soon or there will be a season without a former Gopher in the NBA. I went back an looked an it appears that there has been at least one Gopher in the NBA/ABA for at least 60 years: http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.cgi?college=minnesota

If this program ever wants to be anything again, it has to start getting guys drafted even if it's just some second rounders who never make it out of camp at first...there hasn't been a player drafted who finished his college career at Minnesota since Humphries in 2004!!!! (White and Iverson were drafted, but not as Gophers)

Isaiah Whitehead just got drafted. We could have used him...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Why? So we could have won maybe 12 games and then watch him bolt for the NBA.

That 2014-15 team wasn't bad, they just lost a bunch of close games at the start of conference play. If Isaiah Whitehead could have put us on the right side of a few of those, I think that season would look considerably different.

That 2014-15 team wasn't bad, they just lost a bunch of close games at the start of conference play. If Isaiah Whitehead could have put us on the right side of a few of those, I think that season would look considerably different.

He was the wing we needed, especially after McNeil got popped. We also had no depth at the four that year

Did whitehead get his coach fired, or was part of some lockerroom issues while at SH? Or did I make that up?

Did whitehead get his coach fired, or was part of some lockerroom issues while at SH? Or did I make that up?

You are correct about the locker room issues, but that was more the 2014-15 season. Think there was friction between the heralded recruiting class and the upperclassmen. A couple guys left, the coach (Kevin Willard) survived, and the Hall responded with a NCAA season in 2015-16. Likely saved Willard's job, and now he has a lot of good players returning even with losing Whitehead.

You are correct about the locker room issues, but that was more the 2014-15 season. Think there was friction between the heralded recruiting class and the upperclassmen. A couple guys left, the coach (Kevin Willard) survived, and the Hall responded with a NCAA season in 2015-16. Likely saved Willard's job, and now he has a lot of good players returning even with losing Whitehead.

Did Whiteheads high school coach keep his job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!![/QUOTE]

Colt45 played here three years, he's the last gopher drafted in my book. I don't count Royce, he never played for us. Same goes for Zach Lofton when he's a lotto pick next year (thinks Jigga).

Regardless Hump is the only active player and that sucks.

Whitehead was crap in 14-15. Wade Baldwin on the hand . . .

Top Bottom