Help Me Name My New Tailgating Wagon

Lumpy

Reaction score
Gopher fans, I need help naming my new tailgating wagon!

Sometime around the Gopher's twelfth consecutive loss to Wisconsin, I decided to re-order my Gopher priorities. Short of winning a Denny Sanford-size fortune in the lottery, I feel my ability to effect on-field outcomes is fairly limited. I've re-upped for my season tickets next year, and thanks to a certain pervert AD's disastrous legacy of "scholarship seating", my tickets are going to be much better than in past years. That leaves me now, to dedicate myself to the tailgate this coming season.

To that end, I am converting an old pop-up camper into a tailgating hub. When completed it will feature multiple tvs, a new stereo system, party lighting, multiple seating configurations, and grilling options for a proper tailgate. To really put an exclamation point on this set up, I would like to finish off the awesome paint job that it is undergoing with a truly great name to emblazon on the wagon.

Here are some areas for inspiration:
  • Gopher related
  • Ski-U-Mah or Rah! connected
  • Legendary player references
  • Distinguished alumni references
  • Rivalry trophies

I'm not pursuing any corporate sponsorship and certainly won't be giving any free publicity away. Although I could be convinced to name it the Dairy Queen Wagon presented by Buffalo Wild Wings if the right people contact me. There's an element of this that is like developing a truly great fantasy football team name. I've been brainstorming for a while and haven't been able to catch lightning in a bottle yet. Any help would be appreciated. Ski-U-Mah!

P.S. No Campy McCamperface. Google Boaty McBoatface if you're confused.

The Gopher Getter!

Sadly, my own plans to do the same with a pop-up camper came to naught this winter, when I realized that I had neither the money nor the skill to complete the job. If anybody wants to salvage my old camper, it's got good bones...

I got nuthin'

but it's late and "Show me your Jugs and Axe me anything" seemed to fit the rivalry mode for a sec. Then, "Lumpy's BBQ" seemed better. But like I said, I got nuthin' :eek:

Bill Murphy played Carl in Caddyshack, Bill Murphy's knickname in Scrooged was "Lumpy". So I think you are obligated to relate it to these movies!

"Lean and not too far between"

"Dali Lama"

"Have you tried staples?"

"Canonball it Gophers!"

Model if after the medicine man wagons of the frontier days and name it Reverend Lumpy's Travelling Salvation Show & Miracle Elixirs.

Name it BRONKO'S NAGURSKI He was the best we ever had!

Bronko.jpeg
Nagurski became a standout playing both tackle on defense and fullback on offense at Minnesota from 1927 to 1929, selected a consensus All-American in 1929 and inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in its inaugural year of 1951.

Stroking the Post

The Sometimes Real, Sometimes Raw, Sometimes Real Raw Mobile

Watch "Kill Bill Volume 2" for inspiration.

I would also lean towards a Bronko reference.

Bronko & Lumpy's .....

Bronislau's Wagon (mvp's, etc...)

Na-gur-ski-u-mah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Way too easy but had to throw it out (especially in reference from another thread)...

"The Gopher Hole"

Probably copyrighted by some entity we all know but hard to see how they'd bring an action...just say'in...

Top Bottom