Had to post this

Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
d153ba0b4c5357ebab4f08328a619bb6.jpg

Apologize if it's been posted before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is in Arizona. Makes me wonder what everyone thinks is the best city in AZ. That would be a good GH discussion. Anyone have a city in mind?

I live in Mesa but we're escaping the heat! This was an ad in the book in our hotel room. If I get a chance to check it out I'll post about it. One of my favorite places in AZ is Jerome. Very unique little place.

It is in Arizona. Makes me wonder what everyone thinks is the best city in AZ. That would be a good GH discussion. Anyone have a city in mind?

Prescott Valley. Halfway between the Grand Canyon and Phoenix.

I live in Mesa but we're escaping the heat! This was an ad in the book in our hotel room. If I get a chance to check it out I'll post about it. One of my favorite places in AZ is Jerome. Very unique little place.

Love Jerome...but about 20 years ago when it was more like Sedona 40 years ago. Still a really unique town and a nice break from the tourist trap of Sedona.

I live in Scottsdale, it's pretty nice here, just saying.

If you really want to retire in "God's country" one could look further north into the more enlightened parts of Utah or parts of Colorado, eg Durango is spectacular. Moab is one of my most favorite recreation grounds and to my knowledge hasn't gentrified as much as Durango. Here is how one local describes it to people that want to move there (and this could go for any desirable recreation area)

"Yes, Moab is a great place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there. I know because I have been stuck in this stinking dump for fifteen years. I wish I could leave, but my resources are gone. It is easy to make a small fortune here. You just bring a large one and wait. There are no jobs here. There is a urinal cake factory that spews its stench over the town like a meth lab gone all wrong. I feel like a Senator stuck in a toilet stall without even a vice cop to seduce. Forget culture. Unless you think enchiladas made with cream of mushroom soup is haute cuisine, you are out of luck. My property continues to decline in value, so even if I sell I won't even be able to make it to a decent welfare office in a real city. I love all the things that Moab offers. Rocks, sand, sunlight, wind, dust. Did I mention rocks? The highlight of my week was watching cars being crushed two blocks from my foul, smelly home. No one that I know is better off than I, and most are even more depressed, poverty stricken, and desperate. All of the neighbors nearby have moved out, so there isn't even a junkie or registered sex offender around to entertain me, these being the previous occupants of the now vacant houses. The junkies' lovely children kept setting my yard and their house on fire, so actually, I am a bit relieved that they have moved on, although it is difficult to sleep without the screaming and smell of smoke. I miss the sex offender as well. Somehow looking out the window is not as deeply fulfilling now, without seeing him there, staring back. I am the only person I know who actually lives in a real, live mobile home. My better-off friends live in abandoned vehicles, discarded travel trailers, or structures made of things like PVC pipe and clear plastic, mud and straw, or composites of several of these fascinating architectural genres. My less auspicious friends simply live in culverts, or move around for variety. One just stays drunk and lives on the river. He is no longer fully house trained, so I usually visit him. Another one simply lives outside with his mules. He is a famous local artist, so he gets special treatment. Among my friends are engineers, teachers, craftsmen, and other degreed professionals. Our skills are many, but opportunities to use them here are rare. Burglars have the same difficulty here, as well, since there is little to steal. Moab has robbed us of any dignity, self-esteem, or hope that we foolishly brought with us. I have had the sublime pleasure of dumpster diving with two PHD's at the same time. We talked about existentialism as we attempted to find the hidden meaning in the delightful discarded food therein. Sadly, the supermarket now destroys all its expired food. Can’t be feeding the poor. It only encourages them. The hidden meaning was "escape while there is still time.""

The White Mountain area is pretty cool.You can actually catch walleyes there. Cave Creek is touristy, but still pretty neat. The Tonto Bar and Grill on the golf course is a great hangout. I like Tucson over Phoenix because the traffic isn't a nightmare.They built their infrastructure"around"
the city, not through it. We really like the diversity of Arizona.

Flagstaff all the way! Mountain air, college town, close enough to get to Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon in a day trip.

It's muy dream to go to Jerome. Maynard James Keenan owns a vineyard and winery there, he also happens to be the lead of my favorite band Tool. Heard it's awesome there.

They're all great November to May.

Hard to beat Prescott Valley. Jerome seemed pretty cool, but my only real experience there was eating at The Haunted Hamburger.

I'm sorry, but it's Bisbee or bust for me in AZ. Shady del Ray is the place.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

If you really want to retire in "God's country" one could look further north into the more enlightened parts of Utah or parts of Colorado, eg Durango is spectacular. Moab is one of my most favorite recreation grounds and to my knowledge hasn't gentrified as much as Durango. Here is how one local describes it to people that want to move there (and this could go for any desirable recreation area)

"Yes, Moab is a great place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there. I know because I have been stuck in this stinking dump for fifteen years. I wish I could leave, but my resources are gone. It is easy to make a small fortune here. You just bring a large one and wait. There are no jobs here. There is a urinal cake factory that spews its stench over the town like a meth lab gone all wrong. I feel like a Senator stuck in a toilet stall without even a vice cop to seduce. Forget culture. Unless you think enchiladas made with cream of mushroom soup is haute cuisine, you are out of luck. My property continues to decline in value, so even if I sell I won't even be able to make it to a decent welfare office in a real city. I love all the things that Moab offers. Rocks, sand, sunlight, wind, dust. Did I mention rocks? The highlight of my week was watching cars being crushed two blocks from my foul, smelly home. No one that I know is better off than I, and most are even more depressed, poverty stricken, and desperate. All of the neighbors nearby have moved out, so there isn't even a junkie or registered sex offender around to entertain me, these being the previous occupants of the now vacant houses. The junkies' lovely children kept setting my yard and their house on fire, so actually, I am a bit relieved that they have moved on, although it is difficult to sleep without the screaming and smell of smoke. I miss the sex offender as well. Somehow looking out the window is not as deeply fulfilling now, without seeing him there, staring back. I am the only person I know who actually lives in a real, live mobile home. My better-off friends live in abandoned vehicles, discarded travel trailers, or structures made of things like PVC pipe and clear plastic, mud and straw, or composites of several of these fascinating architectural genres. My less auspicious friends simply live in culverts, or move around for variety. One just stays drunk and lives on the river. He is no longer fully house trained, so I usually visit him. Another one simply lives outside with his mules. He is a famous local artist, so he gets special treatment. Among my friends are engineers, teachers, craftsmen, and other degreed professionals. Our skills are many, but opportunities to use them here are rare. Burglars have the same difficulty here, as well, since there is little to steal. Moab has robbed us of any dignity, self-esteem, or hope that we foolishly brought with us. I have had the sublime pleasure of dumpster diving with two PHD's at the same time. We talked about existentialism as we attempted to find the hidden meaning in the delightful discarded food therein. Sadly, the supermarket now destroys all its expired food. Can’t be feeding the poor. It only encourages them. The hidden meaning was "escape while there is still time.""
Uhhhh, come again?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

This sh#th@le doesn't sound like a gopherhole.

It's muy dream to go to Jerome. Maynard James Keenan owns a vineyard and winery there, he also happens to be the lead of my favorite band Tool. Heard it's awesome there.

Tool is one of my favorites as well. :rockon:

Top Bottom