Blog update from Coach Pitino

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Lots of nuggets in the blog, here is a sample:

Michael Hurt - May be one of the most focused guys in the weight room and on the court. You know he's listening! Had some very nice cuts and finished around the rim. Love his length on the perimeter. Very skilled. He wants to be special. Gym Rat.

Eric Curry - Reminds me of a taller version of Murph last year. Moves very well at 6-8 and has a soft jump shot. Adds a pick and pop dimension that we need. Can learn a lot from Murph as it pertains to rebounding.

Amir Coffey - Phenomenal passer and feel for his size. I played him at three different positions in our first practice. That's exciting. Want him to be more assertive as it pertains to scoring.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062216aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Hope the Springs thing is nothing to worry about. He must need to pass a class or two to finish up the undergrad degree. I assumed he was already done at Milwaukee and would be here in the summer.

Nice to hear Dupree added another ten pounds, another five to ten and he will be set. Hopefully Konate can get healthy, Springs can pass his class, nothing comes up with Lynch and we can get rolling in the fall.

Nice to hear Dupree added another ten pounds, another five to ten and he will be set. Hopefully Konate can get healthy, Springs can pass his class, nothing comes up with Lynch and we can get rolling in the fall.

Agreed to all! I'm also intrigued by the fact that Pitino mentioned Jarvis. To me, giving a status update, even to say he is not cleared to play, indicated they are still trying to get him to be able to suit up in maroon and gold at some point. I'm not getting my hopes up, but found it intriguing.

Agreed to all! I'm also intrigued by the fact that Pitino mentioned Jarvis. To me, giving a status update, even to say he is not cleared to play, indicated they are still trying to get him to be able to suit up in maroon and gold at some point. I'm not getting my hopes up, but found it intriguing.
I like that too, even if there isn't much hope for that, shows he's still part of the team, shows Pitino cares about his players. Tough situation all around

I don't believe there is a scholarship free for Jarvis.

I don't believe there is a scholarship free for Jarvis.

The exempt status the NCAA and the U gave him last year doesn't carry over? I know that means he cannot play but why would anything change with a degenerative condition?

Would imagine Johnson will remain on scholarship all 4-5 years as long as he remains a member of the team in good standing and is on track to graduate. Would be a bad move politically by the U to drop him from scholarship.

He could use Buggs's scholarship this year if need be, correct?

Forgot about that. I think you're right. It would bring us back down to one scholarship available for 2017 though.

My biggest question:

Do they have Lynch available? If he is cleared to play, I am more optimistic about this team's chances. If Lynch can't play, it's back to Konate and Gaston - and unless they have shown huge improvement, that means very little offense out of the center position.

My biggest question: Do they have Lynch available? If he is cleared to play, I am more optimistic about this team's chances. If Lynch can't play, it's back to Konate and Gaston - and unless they have shown huge improvement, that means very little offense out of the center position.

Sounds like he's not back with team until investigation is complete but it would be hard to see charges coming at this stage. If no charges are brought against him I assume he will be playing for the Gophers this fall.

Forgot about that. I think you're right. It would bring us back down to one scholarship available for 2017 though.

Right, I'm not saying it's a good idea, necessarily. Just saying it is possible if the correct circumstances present themselves.

I also remember hearing that Jarvis will be on a full scholarship for his 4 years at the U. It just makes things complicated if he were ever to find himself cleared to play sometime in the future.

Sounds like he's not back with team until investigation is complete but it would be hard to see charges coming at this stage. If no charges are brought against him I assume he will be playing for the Gophers this fall.

If the UMPD were involved with the Warren Commission Report, the results would only just now be released.

If the UMPD were involved with the Warren Commission Report, the results would only just now be released.

They'd still be finishing up with that John Wilkes Booth character.

Right, I'm not saying it's a good idea, necessarily. Just saying it is possible if the correct circumstances present themselves.

I also remember hearing that Jarvis will be on a full scholarship for his 4 years at the U. It just makes things complicated if he were ever to find himself cleared to play sometime in the future.

Is there any reason to think the U would reverse its stance? (A new head physician, etc.)?

Would imagine Johnson will remain on scholarship all 4-5 years as long as he remains a member of the team in good standing and is on track to graduate. Would be a bad move politically by the U to drop him from scholarship.
+100

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Who is Sandra McDonald, the motivational speaker he is bringing in?

Top Bottom