Shama: Jerry Kill: Gophers May Win 9 or 10 Games

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

“I think the Gophers will have a great year,” Jerry Kill said. “I think coach Claeys feels good about it.”

Kill brought Claeys and other assistant coaches to Minnesota more than five years ago after having winning teams at Northern Illinois. Not long after arriving in Minneapolis, Kill delivered the news that it would take time to turn the program around.

And it did as the Gophers worked on recovering from the coach Tim Brewster era when he compiled an 18-39 record.

Kill’s records in 2011 and 2012 were 3-9 and 6-7. Then came 8-5 seasons in 2013 and 2014—before last year’s surprising 6-7 record. The Gophers were struck hard by injuries, a difficult schedule and the resignation of Kill.

This year the schedule is less imposing with the removal of national powers Michigan, TCU and Ohio State. The difference between the schedules of 2015 and 2016 was on Kill’s radar a long time ago. He knew years six (2016) and seven (2017) of the program could be his best in Dinkytown, with easier schedules and better players than in the past.

“I think they’ve got an opportunity to win nine or 10 games (this season),” Kill told Sports Headliners by telephone Monday.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

“I think the Gophers will have a great year,” Jerry Kill said. “I think coach Claeys feels good about it.”

Kill brought Claeys and other assistant coaches to Minnesota more than five years ago after having winning teams at Northern Illinois. Not long after arriving in Minneapolis, Kill delivered the news that it would take time to turn the program around.

And it did as the Gophers worked on recovering from the coach Tim Brewster era when he compiled an 18-39 record.

Kill’s records in 2011 and 2012 were 3-9 and 6-7. Then came 8-5 seasons in 2013 and 2014—before last year’s surprising 6-7 record. The Gophers were struck hard by injuries, a difficult schedule and the resignation of Kill.

This year the schedule is less imposing with the removal of national powers Michigan, TCU and Ohio State. The difference between the schedules of 2015 and 2016 was on Kill’s radar a long time ago. He knew years six (2016) and seven (2017) of the program could be his best in Dinkytown, with easier schedules and better players than in the past.

“I think they’ve got an opportunity to win nine or 10 games (this season),” Kill told Sports Headliners by telephone Monday.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Hey? Where are all the posters telling Kill he's too optimistic or doesn't know what he's talking about?

Kill is too optimistic or doesn't know what he is talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom