Troy Stoudermire: "Kill was amazing...Claeys one of best DC's I ever had"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Stoudermire was recruited to the Gophers by Tim Brewster, who was fired during Stoudermire’s junior season of 2010. Jerry Kill came in as coach that December.

“Kill was amazing,” said Stoudermire, who redshirted in 2011 due to a broken arm. “When he came in, he could have just got rid of all the seniors that was there, but he took me under his wing. He called me into his office and we talked for a really long time and he was just telling me how he was going to take care of me. He told me how he had heard bad things about me before he came in, but as things went on with the Gophers season he found out I was a really good kid. He put his wing around me and I respect Kill and I love him forever for that.”

He also had good things to say about Tracy Claeys, Kill’s successor as coach.

“Claeys is one of the best defensive coordinators I’ve ever had,” he said. “You know he’s a great coach, a player’s coach. He’ll tell you right up front that he never played football before, but if you listen to him you know you’re going to get things done the right way. I think the Minnesota Gophers are going in the right direction.”

http://www.startribune.com/troy-stoudermire-aims-to-show-vikings-he-can-do-it-all/383523831/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom