Sid: Gophers season tickets 20,142 at present, down from 23,431 last year

By the way, since you know nothing about athletic department revenues or fundraising, it's probably not worth it to ask what projected revenues will be going forward under the new tv deals.

Look, nickel and diming everyone and everything within an organization looks good on the bottom line but has unseen costs. Employees leave, coaches, fans are turned off and leave for other pursuits etc etc etc. Not everything is black and white on a spreadsheet. How much does it cost to replace a disgruntled employee that one could have retained? How much in marketing to pursue new fans? How much is spent to generate one dollar in fundraising? How much to replace a coach that leaves? If you don't support a coach with travel budgets, recruiting money, facilities and he fails how much are buyouts and lawyers?

By the way, since you know nothing about athletic department revenues or fundraising, it's probably not worth it to ask what projected revenues will be going forward under the new tv deals.

Look, nickel and diming everyone and everything within an organization looks good on the bottom line but has unseen costs. Employees leave, coaches, fans are turned off and leave for other pursuits etc etc etc. Not everything is black and white on a spreadsheet. How much does it cost to replace a disgruntled employee that one could have retained? How much in marketing to pursue new fans? How much is spent to generate one dollar in fundraising? How much to replace a coach that leaves? If you don't support a coach with travel budgets, recruiting money, facilities and he fails how much are buyouts and lawyers?

I know far more than you about athletic department revenues and fundraising. If you think Dave Brandon's forced resignation was influenced in any meaningful way by ticket prices, you're even stupider than I thought.

For someone that routinely criticizes others for hyperbole I'm surprised you would say that.

Brandon's resignation was absolutely in part because of his poor relationship with fans and students, throwing out traditions, raising ticket prices, poorly conceived marketing, etc; the athletic dept had huge turnover during his reign. If you think otherwise you're even more stupid than I thought (see how easy that was?).

To go along with the short-term visions/fixes like ticket prices, why don't we outsource fundraising via videoconference or Facetime. Let's skype T. Denny. The filipinos will work for a fraction of the cost of Dpodoll. Bring in asylum seekers to man the gates and work security. A weekend training seminar should be enough. Why not make it a two hour seminar.

100% correct. And dpo, you are wrong and have been boxed by PE.

I'm going to bow out as I have some things to attend to

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/K2n0c4KTSnk5O" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/ben-stiller-scooter-dodgeball-K2n0c4KTSnk5O">via GIPHY</a></p>

I know far more than you about athletic department revenues and fundraising. If you think Dave Brandon's forced resignation was influenced in any meaningful way by ticket prices, you're even stupider than I thought.

You're cracking me up ;) ;) ;). I think I get the whole dope68 thing now. I wish everyone could be as funny as you!

This thread became infinitely more entertaining than the season ticket level sold to date on this last page

This thread became infinitely more entertaining than the season ticket level sold to date on this last page
I concur. I thought about starting my thread about Mitcheroo getting benched by the 4th game but why bother? this flame fest is much better.

Sounds like a lot of "fans" and not enough fans. Folks just don't want to support the team. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Winning is the balm which soothes the misery of indifference". ~ GaG ~

Anyone know where they seat them?

You can use these tickets anywhere in the stadium, they're just subject to the additional donation charge like any other ticket. It's just the base ticket itself that is discounted for three years after your graduation. We used this and sat in 236 last year.

To those saying that they should market this, I'm not sure what to tell you. I found out about this through a U marketing campaign. They could probable market it better, but it's definitely out there.

You can use these tickets anywhere in the stadium, they're just subject to the additional donation charge like any other ticket. It's just the base ticket itself that is discounted for three years after your graduation. We used this and sat in 236 last year.

To those saying that they should market this, I'm not sure what to tell you. I found out about this through a U marketing campaign. They could probable market it better, but it's definitely out there.

Ah that makes sense, thanks.

I guess they should get on the marketing machine since it seems many people have no idea it exists.

Maybe they just market to Students that are graduating that hold student season tickets? Not the best plan, obviously, but maybe?

Maybe they just market to Students that are graduating that hold student season tickets? Not the best plan, obviously, but maybe?

Also hard to know how much of a market there is. Graduated, interested in going to football games, still in town, etc.

Also hard to know how much of a market there is. Graduated, interested in going to football games, still in town, etc.

Honestly in this case, I think casting the widest net possible is the best option. Like, just send an email to all graduating and recently graduated (those within the three years, and who have given the U updated contact info), saying "You can get discounted tickets" or whatever. First, reach as many people as you can, then if you still want more interest make the deal sweeter. Anything after that is getting them engaged before they graduate!

Honestly in this case, I think casting the widest net possible is the best option. Like, just send an email to all graduating and recently graduated (those within the three years, and who have given the U updated contact info), saying "You can get discounted tickets" or whatever. First, reach as many people as you can, then if you still want more interest make the deal sweeter. Anything after that is getting them engaged before they graduate!

Agreed.

Top Bottom