Recruit pulls off incredible achievement: decommitting from Iowa for the third time

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...cruiting-juan-harris-commit-decommit-go-for-4

A timeline of the 6'4, 368-pounder:

December 2014: Harris commits to Iowa over Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. He’s quoted as saying, "What type of man would I be if I commit, then decommit?" (That sounds funny in retrospect, but all high schoolers say regrettable things at all hours. Source: was a high schooler.)
January 2015: Harris decommits from Iowa, citing family disagreement. According to 247Sports, he names Alabama, Ohio State and Oregon as his top three "despite not having offers from any of the three schools." (Still well within the bounds of things high schoolers say.)
January 2015: Harris commits to Iowa, saying his family is on the same page now.
March 2015: Harris decommits from Iowa shortly after claiming a Michigan offer, saying, "I'm going to wait things out." (Wise.)
June 2015: Harris commits to Iowa, tweeting, "Blessed and honored to say I am officially committing to The University Of Iowa."
June 2016: Harris decommits from Iowa, tweeting, "I want to thank the Iowa staff for being true and supportive of me this past year. I am de-committing and going to re-evaluate." (Good to do so.)

Edit:
"decommitting" Apple you have failed me for the last time-please edit mod

when he gets married im sure that will be long lasting

I love this guy! He should be the Gophers number one priority just for the way he has yanked the Hawkeyes around.

247 has us listed as "warmer" with most of the new predictions as us as well.

This would be a major get for Phelps....247 now has 3 inked stained wretches predicting Minnesota.

This would be a major get for Phelps....247 now has 3 inked stained wretches predicting Minnesota.

I try not think of myself as part of the grammar police but sometimes typos are just too fun to pass up.

I try not think of myself as part of the grammar police but sometimes typos are just too fun to pass up.

I am definitely not part of the grammer police so help me out here... "ink-stained wretches" is a cliche that has been around as long as I have been reading - which is forever! I don't understand the error.

I am definitely not part of the grammer police so help me out here... "ink-stained wretches" is a cliche that has been around as long as I have been reading - which is forever! I don't understand the error.

Well, never wind then. I was waaaay off on what was intended. I'll just hide my ignorance and slip away.

This tangent is getting out there...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Look it up in Webster's New World before you pull a "Nazi SS" on someone.

Wasn't pulling an "Nazi SS" on anyone I just had my head way up my ass as to what you meant. Lighten up a bit.

Well at least we're not talking about Nazis anymore. How that got in here, in the first place, is a mystery...

Man, Germans taking over gopher hole chat rooms... They'll invade anything!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He picks Indiana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Start the pool on his decommitment!

That's a strange choice considering he was in with Iowa..

Word is that he was pretty much asked by the Iowa staff to decommit so that they didn't have to pull the scholarship offer. Been some talk that there was a bit of friction on one of his visits with some current Iowa players and eventually the coaches decided it wasn't going to be worth it. Feel bad for the kid, he's had a rough go and hopefully he'll turn things around, but despite all the talent, the Gophers dodged a bullet here.

Word is that he was pretty much asked by the Iowa staff to decommit so that they didn't have to pull the scholarship offer. Been some talk that there was a bit of friction on one of his visits with some current Iowa players and eventually the coaches decided it wasn't going to be worth it. Feel bad for the kid, he's had a rough go and hopefully he'll turn things around, but despite all the talent, the Gophers dodged a bullet here.

Man how do you show up for a visit and piss people off? It is what, all of a weekend?

Wonder how his visit went here? I will say this, Kevin Wilson is a outstanding recruiter.

Wonder how his visit went here? I will say this, Kevin Wilson is a outstanding recruiter.

He never visited here. Wilson had something we couldn't offer him and that's immediate playing time. I'm sure they told him he is day 1 starter.

Top Bottom