Recruit pulls off incredible achievement: decommitting from Iowa for the third time

Exactly. Gotta think it's a good thing he doesn't come here. Bad apple syndrome.

Or, maybe he doesn't like having sex with farm animals?

Different sport, but does Khalid-El-Amin ring a bell. Heard he got into it with Russ Archibald(sp?). Was pro Gophers till that event. Ended up at Connecticut and won a national title. If true, thanks Russ...

Word is that he was pretty much asked by the Iowa staff to decommit so that they didn't have to pull the scholarship offer. Been some talk that there was a bit of friction on one of his visits with some current Iowa players and eventually the coaches decided it wasn't going to be worth it. Feel bad for the kid, he's had a rough go and hopefully he'll turn things around, but despite all the talent, the Gophers dodged a bullet here.

Could you please be more specific on which de-commitment you are referring to. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different sport, but does Khalid-El-Amin ring a bell. Heard he got into it with Russ Archibald(sp?). Was pro Gophers till that event. Ended up at Connecticut and won a national title. If true, thanks Russ...

Russ Archambault. I used to play pickup ball with Russ at the rec center. I don't think he lasted all 4 years here and I don't think he contributed a whole lot.

Russ Archambault. I used to play pickup ball with Russ at the rec center. I don't think he lasted all 4 years here and I don't think he contributed a whole lot.

He contributed quite a bit to the demise of the program. What a prick.

Word....A lot of Russ stories out there.one was he had a tattoo of the 7th Calvary flag with an arrow going through it.. Did he?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kid is talented and we'd take him in a heartbeat.

Kid is talented and we'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'd rather we sign Ruppert than this looney bird. Way more trouble than he is worth.

You are not chosen the outstanding linemen in three major camps without having talent. Of course when you are 6'4"" 370 lbs. you do have something to work with. Again I question, no Dad, mother in drugs, where does he get the dollars to travel to L.A., Alabama, Mich.?

Word....A lot of Russ stories out there.one was he had a tattoo of the 7th Calvary flag with an arrow going through it.. Did he?

You get why a Native American might have strong feelings about the 7th Cavalry right?

Russ was a total piece of work. He got kicked off the team and then snitched on Clem bringing down the program (can't blame him, we shouldn't have been doing it, but still). He went on to Huron, a NAIA D2 college and was actually NAIA player of the year. Then I hadn't heard about him in 10 years, until he was arrested in Miami with his skull tattooed.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florida/miami/russell-archambault/57033751

You get why a Native American might have strong feelings about the 7th Cavalry right?

Russ was a total piece of work. He got kicked off the team and then snitched on Clem bringing down the program (can't blame him, we shouldn't have been doing it, but still). He went on to Huron, a NAIA D2 college and was actually NAIA player of the year. Then I hadn't heard about him in 10 years, until he was arrested in Miami with his skull tattooed.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florida/miami/russell-archambault/57033751

Yes I'm actually a Custer historian. His ego is what got him massacred. He was well informed of the buildup of of the Sioux along the the Little Big Horn, but chose to ride into the jaws of death without adequate support from the other division.

I don't remember any tattoos. It was 20 years ago!

Yes I'm actually a Custer historian. His ego is what got him massacred. He was well informed of the buildup of of the Sioux along the the Little Big Horn, but chose to ride into the jaws of death without adequate support from the other division.

"Indians best Rangers. Take Series"

I'd rather we sign Ruppert than this looney bird. Way more trouble than he is worth.

Lots of kids are all over the map until signing day, they turn out fine.

Lots of kids are all over the map until signing day, they turn out fine.

And others wave red flags before signing day that shouldn't be ignored. I would pass on this kid. Time will tell.

And others wave red flags before signing day that shouldn't be ignored. I would pass on this kid. Time will tell.

With your attitude I suspect you'd find most recruits unrecruitable due to being kids.

With your attitude I suspect you'd find most recruits unrecruitable due to being kids.

Most that are so interested in their own publicity that they would commit/decommit 4+ times, yes. I view this dude as I did the Daniels Twins. Not interested.

Different Ruppert

This confusion could have been avoided if you had followed your own taxonomy. How could we know you were speaking about RFW2 and not RFW1?

Burns said 's been trying to contact the Gopher staff for a couple weeks now & they're not real interested in talking to him anymore.

Guess the Gopher staff has had enough of the games that some of these recruits play. Not saying Juan is playing games, I can only imagine the pressure and stress there is with being a highly recruited athlete but a couple of name I won't mention (rhymes with Nelson and Spaniel) who played us pretty good can leave a bad taste in the mouth and a lack of patience. And lastly, why would the staff want to spend time and effort on someone who obviously is having difficulty making a firm decision when they can recruit kids who know exactly what they want when they see it.

Top Bottom