All Things Gabe Kalschuer Recruitment Thread UPDATED KALSCHUER A GOPHER!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Marcus draws very strange conclusions. The offer to Gabe Kalschuer has zero bearing on the Gophers desire to land a point guard in the 2017 class. Losing Dorsey made it imperative to land a point guard in the 2017 class.

He looks a solid recruit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/15TeUxt4XYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We will still want a PG in 2018. Be great if we landed True but McCabe would be good as well. A class of McCabe Kalschuer Thompson and one more post player would be a good class. Marcus seems to want to turn hoops into pride on ice

He looks a solid recruit.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/15TeUxt4XYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's got a great jumper. I watched him score 27 in the class 3A championship and came away incredibly impressed.

I've only seen Gabe play once, and I actually came away surprisingly underwhelmed. It was this past season against Benilde. Mar was injured and didn't play. Gabe's shot was completely off and I kept finding myself noticing how little energy he seemed to have. He threw up TONS of shots, very few of which went in. It didn't seem like he trusted his teammates enough to pass to them, and he was beaten off the dribble pretty consistently by BSM's point guard (Sam Baker, Winona State commit). BSM ran away with a 15+ point win.

Again, want to caution that this was one game. I'm actually excited that we offered, and think he could be a really good get. Just relaying my only experience watching him in person.

Figured Kalscheur would get an offer but didn't think it would come this soon. With that being said, he would be the team's best shooter from day 1 and best shooter the program has seen since Hoffarber. Isn't this what Gopher fans have been craving? Saw him play twice at EYBL Atlanta and moves very well without the ball is very fundamentally sound defensively (to be expected coming from De La Salle). Had 20 points against a good Texas Pro Elite squad. Good size at 6'2-6'3. Ballhandling needs some work as he seemed a bit tentatively and made a few turnovers under pressure. This is a very good offer as I think many more HMs will follow suit over the next year or so.

Shooting form looks consistent and has a nice high ball release and no hitch. Looks like a solid jump shooting guard.

Been a while since we even recruited someone who was a shooter like that.

Would love an early commit like Hurt, but I realize that's probably not likely.

Praise the lord we finally offered. Kalschuer's going to be a good one.

per Sid:

• DeLaSalle boys’ basketball coach Dave Thorson continues to develop college players, and he has another one in 6-4 junior guard Gabe Kalscheur, who has already been offered by the Gophers. Kalscheur led the Islanders in scoring last season at 20.1 points per game as they won the Class 3A state championship.

http://www.startribune.com/eric-kal...152081/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Kalscheur is 135th on 247 and only ranked 5th in the state of MN for the 2018 class. I know it's early but that's still pretty intriguing. So much high school talent in MN right now.

Go Gophers!!

Does it hurt that his brother isn't playing much ala Ellenson parallel?

Wally didn't play much at Marquette either, less than 10 mpg. Unless Michael or his family believe he deserves significantly more minutes than he's getting, I don't think it would really hurt our standing with Matthew.

Does it hurt that his brother isn't playing much ala Ellenson parallel?

As the season is progressing he's playing quite a bit for a freshman, averaging 6.8 minutes, he's been taking minutes from Gilbert the last few games. I would think his playing time and development thus far would be a plus.

Go Gophers!!

Awesome. He's a catch.

Can never have too many shooters. Ever.

Surprised a top 150 guy who can shoot isn't seeing more offers, though. Maybe the world is backing off because he is solid here.

Coming from De, we know he is well coached and likely knows how to play defense, too. A really good place to start.

Can never have too many shooters. Ever.

Surprised a top 150 guy who can shoot isn't seeing more offers, though. Maybe the world is backing off because he is solid here.

Coming from De, we know he is well coached and likely knows how to play defense, too. A really good place to start.
only seen highlights but I'm guessing there are questions about his athleticism. He seems solidly built but doesn't seem particularly quick and for a highlight film of a 6'4" kid there's not a dunk to be found that I've seen. While hops aren't everything it does say something about explosiveness and the ability to finish around the rim

Top Bottom