All Things Gabe Kalschuer Recruitment Thread UPDATED KALSCHUER A GOPHER!

Signing that LOI is a pretty big deal. Glad we got these three locked down.

Gabe is signing on Friday. Omersa has signed and Oturu is signing at 3:30.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Gabe is signing right now. It is on Twitter on the MinnesotaonBTN feed.

You have to go through all the coaches talking about all the Islanders signing LOIs today.

UPDATE: He has signed all the paperwork, all that has to be done is the faxing!!!

Gabe is signing right now. It is on Twitter on the MinnesotaonBTN feed.

You have to go through all the coaches talking about all the Islanders signing LOIs today.

UPDATE: He has signed all the paperwork, all that has to be done is the faxing!!!

Make my day, did it get faxed???

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I would prefer they just do away with classes all-together. But I guess everyone needs a trophy.

This is a bad take. I think they could reduce the classes but there's no way high schools with less than 100 kids should be playing Lakeville or Grand Rapids in any sport. Like the Gophers playing Hamline.

Here's the MSHSL enrollment classifications for boys basketball:
Basketball, Boys AAAA 1190 and above
Basketball, Boys AAA 555-1189
Basketball, Boys AA 204-554
Basketball, Boys A 203 and below
DeLaSalle's enrollment (grades 9-12) this year is listed at 781.

Schools that actively recruit should be in AAAA regardless of enrollment.

I believe it's:

AAAA - Largest 64 Schools
AAA - Next 64 Schools
AA - Next 128 Schools
A - Remaining Schools

Not positive but it's a fluid selection process. Also would be interested in knowing how often schools are reclassified - not that schools enrollment changes much year to year.

I believe it's:

AAA - Next 64 Schools
AA - Next 128 Schools
A - Remaining Schools

Not positive but it's a fluid selection process. Also would be interested in knowing how often schools are reclassified - not that schools enrollment changes much year to year.

Both Gopher73 and you are correct. The top 64 schools play AAAA basketball, and the enrollment figures Gopher73 posted are the enrollments of what each class has after looking at the enrollments of the schools on the borderlines. The MSHSL re-classifies schools and the section assignments every 2 years.

Love to see that kind of efficiency, can't do better than 100%.

Go Gophers!!

I believe it's:

AAA - Next 64 Schools
AA - Next 128 Schools
A - Remaining Schools

Wisconsin used to/maybe still does divides their schools into 4 equal parts based upon attendance. Often a school that is on the bubble can move up or down one division based upon the changing enrollments of schools in the year.
Minnesota sets the number of schools in uneven divisions and then reviews enrollment from the previous year to set the placement the following year.
What I don't like about Minnesota's system is that it is easier to get to State quarter finals if you are at the 4A or 3A level than the 1A. Small schools will have a couple more games at least in order to get to State competition. Big schools get in fairly quickly. I prefer that all 4 classes be of equal size.

Today’s boxscore of the DeLaSalle Fridley game...no Gabe. Terry with 47 and Battle with 24. What’s up with no Gabe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today’s boxscore of the DeLaSalle Fridley game...no Gabe. Terry with 47 and Battle with 24. What’s up with no Gabe?

Was held out with injury, not sure how serious the injury is.

Thanks Goldy.

Top Bottom